IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

40 minutes ago, ignatius said:

he bet on games which got him on everyone's shitlist for a long time. but he was legit one of the greats. 

He was definitely a very skilled player, but he was also a total asshole (e.g., he badly hurt a fellow player by going too hard during a freaking all-star game).

He was also given a chance to get out of his lifetime ban by simply admitting what he had done and apologizing, but he refused. After a short time, that MLB commissioner (who was actually Paul Giamatti's father) died and the next commish basically told Rose to fuck off and go pound sand.  Never really felt bad for him at all.

Edited by EdamAnchorman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EdamAnchorman said:

He was definitely a very skilled player, but he was also a total asshole (e.g., he badly hurt a fellow player by going too hard during a freaking all-star game).

He was also given a chance to get out of his lifetime ban by simply admitting what he had done and apologizing, but he refused. After a short time, that MLB commissioner (who was actually Paul Giamatti's father) died and the next commish basically told Rose to fuck off and go pound sand.  Never really felt bad for him at all.

yeah.. i knew there was more to the story but hadn't kept up w/the lore for some time. does seem like the kind of guy to take an all star game too seriously or just see it as an opportunity to take a shot at someone he didn't like. he definitely made his bed. no wonder he got along with Marge Schott so well. 

it's crazy to see all he did on the field overshadowed by being an asshole.  the thing i remember most about him is that time i watched him pick his nose and wipe it on his jersey.