IGNORED

1st analog tune

flacid

Finally got separate synths/drum machine to sync and made this earlier.

There are errors in it as I recorded it live but pretty happy with the end product as it's my 1st attempt making a non digital/ableton track.

Made a beep streetesque video to go with it...

[youtubehd]Rsrs98RphGY[/youtubehd]

Any advice/thoughts appreciated.

Loving that drive, great mellow stuff. The sounds are cool too, with the delay and all. At first I thought that main melody would be no good for carrying the entire track but it grows on you.

Cheers for listening & the kind words dude. Sunny day out so wanted to make a 'happy'/mellow tune. Will make stuff with more variety/different melodies over time but think this is a decent start.

really nice ambient track, definitely get the SAW vibe as well. so what's you're setup / workflow? I've been through the same kind of setup change a couple of month ago so this first track or yours kind of bring up still very fresh memories!

really nice ambient track, definitely get the SAW vibe as well. so what's you're setup / workflow? I've been through the same kind of setup change a couple of month ago so this first track or yours kind of bring up still very fresh memories!

Thanks dude. For this one I used a microbrute, sh101 and korg beats. Not sure what you mean by workflow?

Listened to your tracks. Zeit Diktator is a tune!

yeah, very saw hat sound there, pleasant sound of course!

sounds warm and all, but it didn't hold my interest all the way through. You may very well have wanted the repetition to be the focal point of the track though!

seems like a great first effort on analog!

yeah, very saw hat sound there, pleasant sound of course!

sounds warm and all, but it didn't hold my interest all the way through. You may very well have wanted the repetition to be the focal point of the track though!

seems like a great first effort on analog!

Hey mat, cheers for checking the track out dude.

No worries! I know it repeats itself quite a lot and I get it's not for everyone.

To be honest I was worried about making too many live tweaks and fucking the track up!

Thanks dude. For this one I used a microbrute, sh101 and korg beats. Not sure what you mean by workflow?

I mean how do you compose the tracks i.e sequence / record? (pardon my english)

thanks for your feedback

I mean how do you compose the tracks i.e sequence / record? (pardon my english)

thanks for your feedback

Ahh, no worries, I probably should have understood that...

This one has been sequenced as my live playing skills aren't all that. Although as I practice/make more I aim to play a lot more 'impromptu' stuff. At some point I'll just record pieces/lines/melodies that I like and edit them in a DAW. This will make for more variety, interest and probably quality but I really want to spend as little time in Ableton as possible so live tracks are what I'm doing for now.

Recording is via an amp into a field recorder. Experimenting with recording whether via amp/speakers into a recorder/mic (and how that effects the sound) interests me a lot so plan to do more of it.

This was definitely hypnotizing. I can't think of anything to say about the music, it did its job. The video and the music combined made me thing about how all of these areas the train visited will look in 100...1000...100000 years. This is something that can only be captured in the moment.

This was definitely hypnotizing. I can't think of anything to say about the music, it did its job. The video and the music combined made me thing about how all of these areas the train visited will look in 100...1000...100000 years. This is something that can only be captured in the moment.

Thanks for checking the video out dude. I've added a few new tracks but particularly like the 1st one below. It might be a bit different to the stuff that normally gets added on here but thought it was a good tune.

https://soundcloud.com/srvll/home

https://soundcloud.com/srvll/bug

https://soundcloud.com/srvll/neighbour

This was really pleasant. I think you can find a fuller kick though. The melody which carried the tune felt a bit video gamey at first but combined with that other synth it was really nice. Nice work!

This was really pleasant. I think you can find a fuller kick though. The melody which carried the tune felt a bit video gamey at first but combined with that other synth it was really nice. Nice work!

Cheers man. Yeah, the drums were a bit of an after thought to be honest... The kick on the Korg beats is a lot heavier than the other drum sounds so turned it down to allow the other beats in. I seem to write a lot of video gamey melodies, I'm not really sure why but yeah, think this combines alright (although I'm already bored of the tune and skip it...)

Archived