IGNORED

Beats 1 radio

ascdi

I tried to find another thread about the latest batch of Apple/Beats related software releases from today, but couldn’t find one.

Anyway, there’s a new Beats-branded “radio station” inside everyone’s iPhone now and Julie Adenuga (who I gather is from Rinse.FM?) is one of the DJ’s.

I tuned in because I like UK things like grime and I like to try out new Apple software and, wow. It was amazing, I have to say.

I mean, to my American ears it was like a really good Radio 1 show or something, but the difference is that it was being piped out to literally everyone who has an iOS device (there is only one live radio station in the app and Beats 1 is it).

I got a huge kick out of thinking that there were probably thousands of people out there hearing “138 Trek” or Wiley for the first time.

I’m not sure if they can keep up the pace or not, and they certainly did sprinkle in a few pop tracks here and there, but the LDN show (the branding here is weird—shows are referred to variously by their time slots, DJ/presenter, as well as the city they “represent”) was very enjoyable.

Anyway, this is the thread where I am going to talk about that show until I get bored of it. For me this kind of thing is perfect because I do enjoy grimey UK things but am nowhere near on top of keeping up with it. But if you play JME and Wiley tracks to me and have a fun presenter? I am in. Seal of approval from me.

:music:

Has anyone found a way to customise the ribbon at the bottom of the new music app, e.g. so it has artist/album/genre/playlist buttons instead of what's there now?

Because if not, fuck Trent Reznor.

No, but you can get to similar sorts by hitting the weird custom UI thingy that’s in the middle of the body of the main screen. You probably already know this.

Here's a stupid question. When you're playing or viewing something on the app, is there a "go to album" function? I seriously can not find it. I actually quite like the radio stations it has. I've not checked out the 'live' one, but the 'older electronic' one was surprisingly good.

No, but you can get to similar sorts by hitting the weird custom UI thingy that’s in the middle of the body of the main screen. You probably already know this.

I don't. Do you mean this thing?

x73ye8V.png

Either way that does what I want, so thanks.

Here's a stupid question. When you're playing or viewing something on the app, is there a "go to album" function? I seriously can not find it.

In the Now Playing screen, tap the three dots at the bottom-right-hand corner of the screen. A menu comes up with a banner at the top containing the name of the song, album and artist, and several menu options below it. Tap the banner.

Archived