IGNORED

Hats off to R.E.M.

ambermonk

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/r-e-m-to-trump-other-pols-go-f--k-yourselves-for-using-our-music-20150909

"Go fuck yourselves, the lot of you — you sad, attention-grabbing, power-hungry little men," R.E.M. frontman Michael Stipe said. "Do not use our music or my voice for your moronic charade of a campaign."

Wasn't sure if this belonged in GenBan or Music Discussion, but regardless, Michael Stipe just earned some new respect from me for standing up to these clowns.

How many more people are political "hotshots" like Trump gonna piss off until his charading starts to backfire?

This happens pretty often, especially with conservative candidates.

And Trump is probably gonna win this circus, so get used to his disgusting toupee.

I'm still voting Sanders tho. Fuck winning, I just want to smugly remind people that I made the right choice if I'm fortunate enough to survive the apocalypse.

Trump is the epitome of the American right-wing nationalist, xenophobic, exceptionalist attitude. If he were to win, elections would pretty much be pointless. I can't imagine how much the country would destabilize then...

Election's still fourteen months away tho

To me, the only point of Trump being involved in politics and getting this far is to show everyone just how deeply fucked the system is while darkly satirizing it. And so far he's done a good enough job. Just don't let him win, retards.

To me, the only point of Trump being involved in politics and getting this far is to show everyone just how deeply fucked the system is while darkly satirizing it. And so far he's done a good enough job. Just don't let him win, retards.

Agree with first 2 sentences. 3rd sentence reflects an attitude that is a large part of the reason the system is fucked, i.e. people are nervous about voting who they really want if they think they won't be popular enough, so they vote for a more "reasonable" candidate who is really just going to maintain the status quo. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy...

Love him or hate him, what he is doing is great in terms of making fun of politicians. Only comedians usually do it, now a presidential candidate is going for it. I think he is neither conservative nor democrat, he is bringing american politics beyond that. Wish we could have a Trump in Canada. Our ongoing elections have been so boring, like every other election before. Harper, Trudeau, Mulcair... they will all change the world! Yeah, right.

Now for some trumpian entertainment. :)

So Trump being the president of the United States is the solution...

I mean when we get a compelling 3rd party candidate who might be able to make a difference, we get a total clown on the other side of the spectrum and everyone freaks out like DON'T LET THEM WIN. And then they don't, and everyone votes for the diet pepsi candidate.

Yes hats off to REM, and yes, Trump and co. can go fuck themselves. The greatest humanitarian crisis of the 21st Century (so far) is happening right now and yet the lead stories today in the American media are about some circlejerk involving Trump, Palin, Cruz and Iran and a batshit insane Hazzard County clerk who won't process marriage licenses for gay people. Both complete and utter distraction non-stories.

Any of my fellow americans reading this, if you are of voting age and prefer not to have a sociopath for president, please register for your state's democratic primary (you don't have to be a democrat, in fact the democratic party can go fuck themselves as well) and vote Bernie. Otherwise we're gonna end up with Hillary, Trump or any one of these other scumbags.

Both Trump and Clinton are scumbags as far as I'm concerned. Bernie seems to be the most competent from either party so far, if not the only one. But I might end up taking a personal candidate "compatibility" survey anyway, as we inch closer to next election. Did the same thing three years ago.

Archived