IGNORED

EPL 2015-2016

chenGOD

Yeah if only the West Ham supporters hadn't been busy destroying the team coach, we might have made it on time.

If they hadn't been a few throwing bottles at the coach you still wouldn't have made it on time. Not excusing their behavior, and there was plenty of police there so decent chance they'll be able to identify at least some of them (and presumably criminal charges and lifetime bans will ensue). According to Sullivan the United bus was supposed to have arrived at 4pm, they were similarly late to the Spurs game, which also led to a delayed kickoff, and there were no attacks on the bus that time to use as an excuse.

Also, I think the attacks may have been blown out of proportion, they hardly look terrified: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36263008 (lol at the young lad browsing his phone like nothing's happening in the background).

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The delusion continues.

No one is saying the players were terrified. But to call it a few thrown bottles is ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/ThePLZone/status/730104848042086402

We also would have been on time if it weren't for the same said fans:

Alan Smith on #SkySports1 "United did get within a stone's throw of the ground. It's not as if they left late they were here just couldn't get into the car park - the fans were stopping them. West Ham fans were stopping the bus so the officials said they were entitled to the extra time to prepare for the game"

https://twitter.com/sbates_people/status/730106246615994372?s=09

What delusion? I had read plenty of reports saying it wasn't that bad, hence why I said 'may have been blown out of proportion', certainly looks like more than just a few bottles from that though. The game would have been delayed regardless due to pedestrian congestion, not sure what your Alan Smith tweet is supposed to prove/disprove, seems like he's agreeing with me. If United had got there on time most of those people would still have been in the pub, not trying to get into the stadium blocking the entrance to the ground. Given that there were bound to be extra fans around the ground not attending the game due to the significance of it, it's extra dumb that they were late.

What delusion? I had read plenty of reports saying it wasn't that bad, hence why I said 'may have been blown out of proportion', certainly looks like more than just a few bottles from that though. The game would have been delayed regardless due to pedestrian congestion, not sure what your Alan Smith tweet is supposed to prove/disprove, seems like he's agreeing with me. If United had got there on time most of those people would still have been in the pub, not trying to get into the stadium blocking the entrance to the ground. Given that there were bound to be extra fans around the ground not attending the game due to the significance of it, it's extra dumb that they were late.

You wot mate?

It's not as if they left late they were here just couldn't get into the car park - the fans were stopping them.

As in United didn't leave late, the fans were actively stopping them, hence they were late arriving.

You wot mate?

It's not as if they left late they were here just couldn't get into the car park - the fans were stopping them.

As in United didn't leave late, the fans were actively stopping them, hence they were late arriving.

they were stopping them by their presence, which still would've been there if they weren't throwing bottles, which is all I said in the first place.

You wot mate?

they were stopping them by their presence, which still would've been there if they weren't throwing bottles, which is all I said in the first place.

You accused United of being late on purpose, which Alan Smith refutes. The video clearly shows that the bottle throwing/mayhem played a large impact on the coach's forward progress.

You accused United of being late on purpose, which Alan Smith refutes. The video clearly shows that the bottle throwing/mayhem played a large impact on the coach's forward progress.

He doesn't refute it. And no it doesn't, though I'm sure it did, but they are only little few second snippets which it's hard to draw any conclusions from. I don't know why they were late, but if they hadn't been it wouldn't have happened.

He doesn't refute it. And no it doesn't, though I'm sure it did, but they are only little few second snippets which it's hard to draw any conclusions from. I don't know why they were late, but if they hadn't been it wouldn't have happened.

What part of "It's not as if they left late, they were here, just couldn't get into the car park" don't you understand?

What part of "It's not as if they left late, they were here, just couldn't get into the car park" don't you understand?

None of it, none of it refutes United being late though, which they were. They couldn't get into the car park because of the crowd outside the stadium, it had nothing to do with the bottle throwing, though that probably added a few minutes at least to the delay.

They were late because of the crowd not intentionally though you muppet, which is what you said. The bottle throwing and mayhem around the coach had everything to do with them not being able to get in on time.

Also, Newcastle going down, and you can't finish above us.

Liverpool - Chelsea game wasn't great, we were the better team just about, had far more chances, forced their keeper into a lot more work (he wasn't very good, madness they seem to be thinking about getting rid of Courtois). They created a few more clear cut chances though, and Hazard was the best player on the pitch, if he'd been any where near his form of the last few weeks Chelsea wouldn't have had such a horrendous season. Draw a pretty fair result, if we'd been more clinical we could have won it.

They were late because of the crowd not intentionally though you muppet, which is what you said. The bottle throwing and mayhem around the coach had everything to do with them not being able to get in on time.

They were supposed to be there hours before, they were late. If they had shown up when they were supposed to it wouldn't have happened. And again, if there had been no bottle throwing the simple presence of the crowd would have ensured the delay given their late arrival. Bottle shit was out of order of course, but doesn't change that fact. This isn't a difficult concept here, not sure why you're being so thick.

I noticed, and not surprising to me in any way, never said either scenario was the most likely (in fact said the opposite). We can still finish in the CL though, and it's in our own hands, unlike your shower.

They were supposed to be there hours before, they were late. If they had shown up when they were supposed to it wouldn't have happened. And again, if there had been no bottle throwing the simple presence of the crowd would have ensured the delay given their late arrival. Bottle shit was out of order of course, but doesn't change that fact. This isn't a difficult concept here, not sure why you're being so thick.

I noticed, and not surprising to me in any way, never said either scenario was the most likely (in fact said the opposite). We can still finish in the CL though, and it's in our own hands, unlike your shower.

Again: "It's not as if they left late, they were here". As in they were there on time.

In your own words re: you finishing above us -

And for newcastle going down

Again: "It's not as if they left late, they were here". As in they were there on time.

They were supposed to be there at 4pm, they showed up around three hours after that, they were late.

That was way back in February, by March/April I had reduced our chances, only said we had 'a decent chance'.

And as for Newcastle, I never said they would stay up, just that they could... and going into that Villa game it seemed like a pretty sensible thing to say.

They were supposed to be there at 4pm, they showed up around three hours after that, they were late.

That was way back in February, by March/April I had reduced our chances, only said we had 'a decent chance'.

And as for Newcastle, I never said they would stay up, just that they could... and going into that Villa game it seemed like a pretty sensible thing to say.

They were never supposed to be there at 4 pm, that's just what the twit of a co-owner suggested.

From various sources:

The United team were understood to have left their hotel in Canary Wharf 10 minutes earlier than on previous trips to the stadium, pre-empting a potential delay because of supporters inevitably gathering to make the most of the stadium’s final fixture.

United insisted that the club left 10 minutes earlier than usual from their Canary Wharf hotel that they had stayed in and arrived on time, but did not expect to get completely stuck just yards from the entrance.

And said twit of a co-owner has apologised

As for your predictions, you hardly suggested that the opposite was the more likely, which is what you claimed.

No, he apologised for his remarks in general, which would include the bit about the referee being kind to allow the match to start late.

No, he apologised for his remarks in general, which would include the bit about the referee being kind to allow the match to start late.

Uh, no. You might want to read your own link again, he said:

"When I was asked about the incident prior to yesterday's game, I was unaware of the damage that had occurred to the Manchester United team bus," Sullivan said in a statement.

"I want to apologise to Manchester United for that damage and assure them that we will be doing all we can to track down those responsible and ban them for life.

Also, a fair bit of blame seems to lie at the police's feet as well, they made no special arrangements apparently, despite the fact that everyone knew there were going to be far more supporters there than usual, there were people there drinking from 1pm.

Yes and when he was asked about the incident, he said they should have shown up at 4 (his own made up suggestion). At the time he was unaware of the damage, so he didn't know that the incident caused the delay.

Also as a complete wind-up, if you finish 7th, don't win the EL, and we win the FA Cup, we knock you out of the Europa. A boy can dream.

As for your predictions, you hardly suggested that the opposite was the more likely, which is what you claimed.

I seem to have misremembered that slightly, but again, I only said we had a decent chance, which I still think was a reasonable thing to say at the time, we did.

Anyway, here were your predictions:

Leicester

City
United
Arsenal
Spurs

we both only got one spot right, as it stands, though at least I got the right top 4 - just in the wrong order.

I'll get over my failure to accurately predict some sporting events if we win the Europa League though.

It's all about the prediction that you would finish on top of us. That was the lol then, and remains the lol now.

If you play like you did today Sevilla will be laughing all the way to the hardware.

Yes and when he was asked about the incident, he said they should have shown up at 4 (his own made up suggestion). At the time he was unaware of the damage, so he didn't know that the incident caused the delay.

What's that got to do with your claim he apologised for his general comments? He didn't, and he didn't retract the claim that they should have showed up at 4pm.

Also as a complete wind-up, if you finish 7th, don't win the EL, and we win the FA Cup, we knock you out of the Europa. A boy can dream.

What happens if Palace get the EL spot via the cup and United finish 7th? I think it might depend on whether we win the cup or not, if we do then you'd have no Europe, so we could still finish 8th, end up in the EL and knock you out of Europe, lol.

To be honest being in the EL is a bit of a double-edged sword, it's been great to have a cup run this season and it's a route in the CL now as well, and winning a trophy is always worth it. We weren't in Europe at all the other year we finished 2nd though, Chelsea will have a much easier time securing top-4 next season without that distraction, same would go for ourselves or yourselves. On balance I'd say it's worth it though, and as a supporter I just want to see good games.

It's all about the prediction that you would finish on top of us. That was the lol then, and remains the lol now.

If you play like you did today Sevilla will be laughing all the way to the hardware.

nothing lolworthy about it, it was an eminently sensible thing to say.

Sevilla haven't won a single game away from home all season in the league, were just beaten 1-4 at home to 16th place Granada at the weekend, and Chelsea played more like a team of their value should be playing (as they have in general since Mourinho left), so not much of a valid comparison there either. We played alright tonight as well, just a bit lacking in the final third. Anyway, I don't think any of that matters, form won't come into it, should be an exciting match.

Archived