IGNORED

EPL 2015-2016

chenGOD

more tony pulis content

---

love me some tony pulis, he fights with klopp and every manager who questions his style of football, cant wait for guardiola to go to the hawthorns, get the shit kicked out of for 89 min by the thugs tony pulis calls professional footballers then lose 1-0 to a late jonny evans header from a corner.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle eh, remember them in their Keegan-era pomp? Asprilla scoring 3 against Barca (wasnt it?), aye, then Mike Ashley turned oop and what a complete cunt-fest that evaporated into, plus this timeless epic

more tony pulis content

---

love me some tony pulis, he fights with klopp and every manager who questions his style of football, cant wait for guardiola to go to the hawthorns, get the shit kicked out of for 89 min by the thugs tony pulis calls professional footballers then lose 1-0 to a late jonny evans header from a corner.

Fk all personal, but can you remember the likes of players such as Billy Bremner, G Souness et al? Not THAT long ago. Liverpool had flair in their prime, but they also had 150%'s like Souness and the last player to match that level of commitment was maybe Roy Keane

Football's a contact sport and the histrionics/diving has reached pretty sad levels compared to a sport like rugby. Same divers who wave card gestures at refs etc

rivaldo-dive-o.gif

At least Pulis and his teams get stuck in and leave it all the pitch, compared to certain prim-a-donnas picking up huge wages for fuck all

this was juicy - "Keano, theres only 1 Keano....." (Eire chant rather than Utd's)

roy-keane-on-haaland-o.gif

Other thing i loved about Roy was the way he put Mick McCarthy in his place during Japan 2002 for sheer amateurism. You take a world class winner at all costs and then expect them to accept 3rd class preparations:

"Mick, you're a liar... you're a fucking wanker. I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a fucking wanker and you can stick your World Cup up your arse. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are the manager of my country! You can stick it up your bollocks."

I agree with what you just said but like everything in life moderation and balance, to me tony pulis sets his teams up for a draw which i understand but its fucking dull to watch, and he relies to much on professional fouling and time wasting, playing against one of his teams has to be so fustrating. A better version of pulis is mourinhio, his teams are dirty and defensive but have that ofensive flair, and i get that mourhinio had better players but berahino has been sitting on the bench while mountain trolls like rondon and ricky lambert play as a lone #9 every game, to me that is a fucking disgrace, play berahino with rondon pulis you ass!!

I agree with what you just said but like everything in life moderation and balance, to me tony pulis sets his teams up for a draw which i understand but its fucking dull to watch, and he relies to much on professional fouling and time wasting, playing against one of his teams has to be so fustrating. A better version of pulis is mourinhio, his teams are dirty and defensive but have that ofensive flair, and i get that mourhinio had better players but berahino has been sitting on the bench while mountain trolls like rondon and ricky lambert play as a lone #9 every game, that to me that is a fucking disgrace, play berahino with rondon pulis you ass!!

George Graham managed 1-0's with pretty much the same approach, just with a better class of player (again down to £$£)

Agreed about Berahino, but as my own home nation have drawn the Anglo-Saxon hordes in the Euros i'd be much happier with him on the West Brom bench all year. Cynical but true, unfortunately

Lol no, but if i were i would burn my season ticket, one of the most boring teams to watch, and from what i read online west brom fans want him out too cause they hate the football lol

He is a good character tho, i want him in the premier league

van gaal is losing his god damn mind, first he says that united fans left the match vs sheffield because of traffic and not because the game was boring and that they should be happy they won the game but now he is saying that sometimes he is bored watching man u play

love van gaal at united, hope he stays for many years to come, i hope scientists invent longevity pill that allows van gaal to manage united for another 30 years.

sorry chen, but united had their fun under ferguson dont be greedy

---

lol everyone knew Van Gaal was insane in interviews long before now.

I don't mind his system, we just don't have the players to pull it off. Our Spain "B" team midfielders + Giant Q-tip Man + Shrek don't have the creativity/vision/skill/pace needed to play in his system. Carrick 5 years ago yes and Schweinsteiger 3 years ago yes.

Also we lack steel in the middle of the pitch. Defensively we're finally somewhat sound - Smalling is having what the pundits refer to as a "breakthrough year" (he's still not the best at reading runs in behind - but he's great at 1-v-1 defending) and our fullbacks are generally decent (losing Luke Shaw really hurt though - and that type of injury - fuck knows if he'll be the same player when he gets back) but aside from Martial upfront our attacking players are basically solid workman like players.

We need to get some flair plus intelligence in our midfield (schweinsteiger comes closest but he's so fucking slow) and a goddamned striker. I don't care if he's a poacher, we need someone who can score somewhat reliably.

That match vs Sheffield was so fucking painfully boring to watch, except for about 10 minutes of the second half.

Just too add my two cents to this... Tony Pulis has to get credit for how he brought stoke up then cemented there status as an EPL team. But saying that i really don't like how his teams play though ill never complain about it or say its not a good way to play football, i just don't like how he loves his players to play right on the edge or over the edge and when really bad tackles are made he just says get on with it, i.e. the Liverpool game where it was Lovren got hit with a really bad tackle and Pulis accused him of faking. Saying that i still prefer him to allardyce

• 2 weeks later...

New Pep City is done deal, then: http://nyti.ms/1NLYzKy

"Manchester City announced Monday that it had signed Pep Guardiola, the man behind the tremendous success of Barcelona, and more recently Bayern Munich, to take over next season on a three-year contract. That leaves the current manager, Manuel Pellegrini, as a lame duck even as the team competes for some of the most prestigious prizes in soccer."

wHMxJCa.jpg

Archived