IGNORED

new djsainthubert WIPs thread

Ragnar

this track is begging for a music video with a remixed bob ross glitching all over the place.

the pads are very calming and emotional. maybe a little more variation in that prominent snare pattern would be worth trying? regardless, fine work.

I like the moody repetitiveness in your current tracks son of Aphex, weird grooves and sense for timbral exploration. My taste says it wouldn't mind hearing more hints of traditional structure; breakdowns where you let the pads marinate nakedly for a while, bringing back the percussion, maybe through using the same groove but other sounds/processed etc..or maybe you avoid these kind of arrangement things on purpose..

Have you ever thought of pulling an R Stevie Moore? IE just releasing shitttttloads of albums, putting out a quarterly pamphlet or something so ppl can order cassettes or cdr releases of your stuff. i've thought about doing that myself bcuz i'm starting to rack up the album count & there's just something more exciting about underground physical media, imo

like if i ever settle down & start building a record collection again, i want to have a stack of a dozen or so selected djsainthubert works albums to throw on at parties & after picking up hitchhikers

but yeah I should probably try to produce in bulk moreso than b4/streamline my process of making trax (sleepy was an example of this and that was quite popular/well received). I should try to make serious albums with like 20-30 trax and not just random compilations, I think it would work well to just kind of create this ENVIRONMENT more than an album per se, where by the time you reach the end you forgot what the beginning stuff was like. I'm going for that right now, just jotting down melodies and loops i liek instead of trying to make the perfect sound palette which I tend to waste time on

I think it would work well to just kind of create this ENVIRONMENT more than an album per se

yeah yeah this is the kinda thing i'd dig

tbh with your stuff i'm usually going "i wanna hear a bunch of tracks that sound like...*theme*", rather than "oh i want this specific track, that specific track, etc", because there's a lot of it & it all has this raw, in the moment feeling to it

• 3 months later...

Archived