IGNORED

Jodey Kendrick Acid

ceiling

Anyone got any tips for getting this quivering acid sound? Starts at around the 0.30 mark. Sounds like most of the jidomatix tracks were made using renoise but I'm just having a real hard time trying to get that acid sound and I'd sure love to make a few songs in that vain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml__2W6ITFQ

Not the sound itself but the rhythm and the technique. Is It just 1/12? If I was to make that rhythm on Renoise how would I go about that basically?

16th notes alternating with 8th notes. The 8th notes are long enough to allow the FM index EG open up fully and let all the noisy sidebands through.

16th notes alternating with 8th notes. The 8th notes are long enough to allow the FM index EG open up fully and let all the noisy sidebands through.

Yeah I hear that now, kinda gated and then released on some notes. One final thing, a lot of these acid parts sound pretty atonal to me. I tend to kinda go over the top and throw in loads of different notes but is it more about just staying on one note and using more rhythmic techniques like portamento, gate etc?

Yeah I hear that now, kinda gated and then released on some notes. One final thing, a lot of these acid parts sound pretty atonal to me. I tend to kinda go over the top and throw in loads of different notes but is it more about just staying on one note and using more rhythmic techniques like portamento, gate etc?

Yea acid is all about the slide/accent programming imo. Also throw in some half-note steps.

Archived