IGNORED

Unexpected Braindance from Other Genres

Brisbot

This is basically just a thread to post unexpectedly braindance sounding music in genres other than braindunce. You can post any amount.

I've been listening to some chiptune recently and am amazed at how braindance-y some of it is.

(imho) Braindance to me is a very 'liberal' sounding thing, basically bending the idea of music without going too far into straight up experimental territory, though braindance itself can be experimental. For example, acid categorizes much of braindance it's not a requirement. I believe that braindance can be made with anything which is why it appeals to me. It's as if anything and everything is open, making it, to me, more appealing than pretty much any other genre.

(TL;DR) So I like it when other genre tracks are real IDM, basically.

Here's one to start off:

It's definitely chiptune, but there's this total braindance vibe, and a hip-hoppish one as well. I love it.

I'll just post one more every day or two, as I'd prefer to hear what other people think.

I'd also like to hear what your definition of braindance. Just curious about how different it is among the community.

@doublename

I usually really dislike music like this, but I enjoyed it. I've heard a TON of music like it since a friend used to be really into it but this is different, more subtle. Thanks for sharing.

@beerwolf

Omg, lol, ok.

The ending is pretty tense actually.

This came from the late 90s trip hop / downtempo / lounge scene (not all of which was bad!) and I remember loving the tastefully sexy breakbeat antics in the mix (~3:00), especially on the outro:

Utub cover image is slightly nsfwish so

Archived