IGNORED

Castlevania - Original NES Game Soundtrack (180g 10" Vinyl)

Rubin Farr

Yeah a 1x1 picture ratio crop of the bottom art would've been much better !

That's why I posted the Famicom version (even though it's the same art) - The Disk System card art is a perfect scale to 12" vinyl sleeve size.

Guest bitroast

lol joyrex^ 

should've had castlevania iii imo

all 3 original castlevanias have the raddest soundtracks. 

not even a fan of 2 but the music is GOOOOOOD. 

oh damn. looking at the cover even closer. yeah. not a fan. 

Still can't believe I sold my SOTN purchase to my boss all those years back - Had a brill OST cd with the history of the Castlevania soundtrack. Want to go back to 16 year old me and give myself a darn good talking to

Guest bitroast

i can't believe i'm still commenting here but another nit pick ... 

how was this recorded ? it sort of def sounds like they've added reverb. is it just ripping the audio from a youtube let's play and adding reverb ?? details please!!! 

Guest bitroast

2 (simon's quest) is one of my fave cvanias/nes games period. i'm really surprised at how much people dislike it =\

i tried it as a kid and it just never made any god damn sense. 

then i tried it again later as a teenager on emulator and it still didn't make any god damn sense. 

compare that to 1 and 3 and 4 and whatnot where its literally just, press on and be good. i'm not surprised at all that people don't like it .. but i'm envious of those who did manage to play it properly cos it looks wicked. 

how was this recorded ? it sort of def sounds like they've added reverb.

Oh my gosh you're right, why'd they do that?! Is it so you can pretend the game is playing in the corner of an empty room ?

how was this recorded ? it sort of def sounds like they've added reverb.

Oh my gosh you're right, why'd they do that?! Is it so you can pretend the game is playing in the corner of an empty room ?

wow. yeah. awful

Guest bitroast

i do know that rag^ castlevania 3 is a notable game for making use of an additional channel via custom chip on the famicom cart that the nes wasnt compatible with.

still doesnt explain where the reverb came from ... (does it?) or .. does the famicom have like, a little spring reverb on the inside that im not familiar with?

Guest bitroast

also the album art is like Hellsing or someshit

look at the little simon belmont. he looks yoinked out of adventure time or some web art digital comic. 

Guest bitroast

we need to set up a bootleg business of recording these songs direct from the consoles (maybe doing it channel by channel and EQing / compressing to get it sounding as fat and chunky and punchy as possible ) and press it onto vinyl without anyone realising and only make enough copies for the true nerds to appreciate. 

i mean .. sort of like what they did with the street fighter 2 soundtrack but for every game with a kickass soundtrack and definitely not with adding reverb. 

Archived