IGNORED

this is ambient

flacid

sounds lush - love all these noises and melodies

Was thinking about running it through tape and slowing it down further, worth doing? 

approved :)

ta!  :beer: Been listening to a lot of 'alternative' musicians recently and find it freeing to hear what they make. Made this using one sample of a train think it was this one: 

had planned to do some vocal layering with this but thought that I'd do that with my next track. I kind of like the digital edge of this so I think the tape will be kept for another day. 

Guest Chesney

This is cool as it is but i'd kind of like it more if it matched the image you used, it's not freaky enough for the image. So yeah, def whack it to tape and slow down but why not modulate it and get it thicker? Looking at the pic I can imagine hearing this noise but all woozey sounding and wobbly like as if that dude in the pic has spiked my drink and who knows what's gonna happen next.

This rocks.

:beer:

This is cool as it is but i'd kind of like it more if it matched the image you used, it's not freaky enough for the image. So yeah, def whack it to tape and slow down but why not modulate it and get it thicker? Looking at the pic I can imagine hearing this noise but all woozey sounding and wobbly like as if that dude in the pic has spiked my drink and who knows what's gonna happen next.

Yeah agreed. The image makes it seem a lot weirder than it is so I've changed it to something less freaky. I like the thin, eeriness of the sounds, like a distant vapour. I've always preferred ghostly sounds over thick ones. I might still chuck it on tape at some point this week just to see whether it makes any difference. My tape player has got the ability to change pitch so it could make a real difference. 

I like it. I bet if you added creepy ass slowed down vocals, maybe like from the Jim Jones suicide audio, the chune would fit the image even better  :diablo:

Yeah, I've been tempted to use some weird audio or sing with some of these. Decided to change the image though because it doesn't fit it. 

Guest Chesney

Wicked, definitely make a track suited to the previous image too. I'd love to myself but I can't do completely evil darkness.

I like the haunting choir drone pad bit more than the glitchy noise bit...  I'd try pairing it with something else to see where that takes you, as a remix...

Wicked, definitely make a track suited to the previous image too. I'd love to myself but I can't do completely evil darkness.

I'm sure I'll have something that suits it soon enough, never really know what I'm going to make day to day though so might be a while! 

I like the haunting choir drone pad bit more than the glitchy noise bit...  I'd try pairing it with something else to see where that takes you, as a remix...

Maybe next time. I really hate going back to things I've previously worked on. Would rather delete the original track than do that. 

I like this, especially the bells and howling wind sounds. And it fits the image perfectly this time. I could see this being used as an alternative soundtrack to The Phantom Carriage. Are these ambient pieces one-take's or pieced together? It sounds really organic. 

I like this, especially the bells and howling wind sounds. And it fits the image perfectly this time. I could see this being used as an alternative soundtrack to The Phantom Carriage. Are these ambient pieces one-take's or pieced together? It sounds really organic. 

Had to Google The Phantom Carriage, looks pretty weird! This ambient track was done in one piece but some of the others are done in 2 or 3. I'm really pleased with some of the tones in this one. Sound like being inside a pyramid and I'm a sucker for odd pitch. Experimenting a lot at the moment so some will work and others, not so much... 

really digging #26 - dark atmosphere...almost black metal!?...also very loopable (re-playable)

:beer: I listened to that one for an hour or so with and without a kick drum and decided to go without it. It's the type of atmosphere I've been looking to make so pleased with it. 

This is good.  Personally, I think it could use some random LF noise scattered about (slowed down train would work).  If you do use tape to slow down what's there, you could mix that back in on top of itself so as not to lose clarity in the nice pad/glitch atmosphere.

Archived