Sign in to follow this  
J3FF3R00

Looking for an obscure 80’s artist's name

Ok. I also need help finding an artist's name. Hopefully it will be easy for you guys but I've spent the last 3 nights googling "80s goth bands" / "darkwave bands" / "funny 80s bands" / "new wave band bald singer" / "80s band bald vampire", etc to find out... and so far, nothing.

I saw the album in a random bin at my local record store a few years ago and thought the cover looked hilarious but thought if they sounded anything like they looked, they might be amazing. I didn't buy the record and regretted it.

Then, maybe a few months ago, I think I read something about how they were an underrated 80s band somewhere and saw the album AGAIN a couple days later. Like a dumbass, I didn't buy the record (it was something like $8) and I've been kicking myself, ever since.

The cover was a group of gothy / new-romantic guys dressed in black next to a tree or in a field with a dusky purple haze. The one guy that stood out from the rest (I'm guessing was the lead singer) was a bald dude with a cape an a fair amount of makeup on. His arms were a outstretched an he kinda had a Goth-Jobriath vibe. Definitely from the early 80s. I can't remember the band's name, for the life of me.

If anyone could ID the band for me and post a pic of the album cover, I would be forever grateful!

Edited by J3FF3R00

Found it. Thanks, everybody ;(

classix-nouveaux-front.jpg?w=1658&h=1634

Is he protecting the rest of the band from us?

Is he protecting the rest of the band from us?

Hold me back, bro !!

he's just hoggin the camera. "hey look at me! i'm a bald vampire y'all! WUT-WUUUUUTTTTTT!!!"

I SHALL SHIELD YOUR PENISES

He’s using them as shields for the explosion in the background.

Posted (edited)

is that kevin bacon on the far right?

post-155-0-47281400-1556598181.png

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON