IGNORED

Biosphere / Namlook - The Fires of Ork 1 & 2

purlieu

Noice, this is probably my favorite Namlook collab.

Some of this hasn't aged too well.

I guess I know what you mean. It has the distinctive early 90s intelligent techno feel with stereotypical Bladerunner samples and everything but I still love the whole thing. Early Biosphere has a certain atmosphere that I haven't really heard replicated by anybody else.

I think it's aged fine. I mean it's definitely of its era, but it still sounds good.

Really hoping the two HIA / Namlook albums come out on a similar set at some point - I think Bobby is considering it.

And then to complete the triptych, the two Biosphere / HIA albums.

I think it's aged fine. I mean it's definitely of its era, but it still sounds good.

Really hoping the two HIA / Namlook albums come out on a similar set at some point - I think Bobby is considering it.

Out on digital on Bobby’s bandcamp.

Out on digital on Bobby’s bandcamp.

Aye - though I recommended a 2CD set to him on Facebook a few weeks back and he replied saying good idea. The originals, as with so many FAX releases, cost a fortune so it'd be nice to get an affordable set, like this Fires of Ork release and the Dark Side of the Moog boxes.

Shit, I just realised, I don't know whether to put The Fires of Ork in the Biosphere section or the Namlook section of my CD collection when it comes.

Archived