IGNORED

Jodey Kendrick - EDM K

Key

^Good description, can agree 100%.  Got big i-vibes from the first listening. Have to admit that iii was more my cup of tea. Doesn't stop me from enjoying this one too though. :music:

Had a chance to give this a proper listen.....goddamn this is dope. Nice chops added. It's like F/A18+Stimulator feat. Todd Osborne. Has some wicked parts spread around through the whole release.

So i was slightly off base before with my first assesment, i would say its mostly more like dark techno - almost gabba. Lots of 909 kicks, hoovers, resonant zaps, spooky choir patches. Yes it is similar to F/A18+ as well as i. The breaky tracks are actually quite lighthearted - Break Builder reminds me of Amen Andrews. Sunshine Face is a highlight.

A lot of it sounds like Marc Arcardipane and Planet Core which I'm not very fond of. Really digging the breakbeat tracks though

Good call with Acardipane, popped into my mind as well as there are parts which are very, very alike. Blitz Spears scream for Mover, Blitz Spear 3 and Spirit Slasher anyone?  Funny coincidence, I've been listening a lot of Mover recently so this kinda follows my current listening trend. And those breaks bring some nice extra twist there.

So i was slightly off base before with my first assesment, i would say its mostly more like dark techno - almost gabba. Lots of 909 kicks, hoovers, resonant zaps, spooky choir patches. Yes it is similar to F/A18+ as well as i. The breaky tracks are actually quite lighthearted - Break Builder reminds me of Amen Andrews. Sunshine Face is a highlight.

Nah you weren't :wink: , I still agree with your previous statement although your description here is totally right too. The reason why I can enjoy the breaks on this one much more is that they are somewhat subtle. The breaks and chops on i jumped too much on my face. Felt mostly like extra/leftover tracks for Kunst project which I couldn't get into at all. Although I enjoy most of dgoHn's stuff alone, I just can't enjoy their collab (especially that Tibetan bell hell on every track got on my nerves). Dunno how much he was involved with the actual tracks on i but imo it's fair to say his influence was indisputable. On this one the balance is just right.

2 EDM volumes already out this year and we are still in June. Can't complain. :biggrin:

Archived