IGNORED

E trax

MisterE

made everything but the ending of this with psycle about 15yrs ago. beefed it all up recently, and made a new ending part. feel like this is prob my favorite thing i've made at this point. but it's prob also too grungy. every time i play it i hear a lot of stuff that could be added. i've been thinking about adding some arps, and maybe some fast tabla-ish type drums over the ending...

It's pretty cool. Maybe introduce an aggressive hi-hat with a good amount of high end eq. It'll fill out the sonic spectrum a bit. Apreggrios could work to add some movement in tee first section. The second part would probably be better served by a upper mid pad.

by second part if you mean the ending then i could see pads fitting in there. i kinda suck at cool pads tho, but i think that could be really cool.

i think the hihats in the first part is a really good idea too. i think what i'm going to do is keep this mix as a more minimal version, and then maybe some time down the road, see how much stuff i can add, and change some of the stuff that's there, so hopefully i remember your suggestions because i think they're pretty good! thx

this one's an edited and processed synth jam i recorded a couple of yrs ago.

have thought about adding some distant, reverby pads, maybe just in a couple/few spots. kind of like it as it is tho and i actually suk at pads so i don't know, this could be final.

• 3 weeks later...

kind of a remix of a thing i made about 16yrs ago. its basically the same track just beefed up with some analogs (original was all vsts). tbh i kind of disavow this

this one is more where i've been lately. together with the one in my last post, these are like a series of special mind control programs i've been developing. don't listen if ur cool

• 2 weeks later...

ive had this one on my HD for a cpl yrs now but i did just cassette tape-ify it. pretty sure im gonna do a album kind of thing with this and the other modular ones and some others

• 3 months later...

See, its the drums that are the star here. The "music" a bit drony and one dimensional for my taste. Though I do like the harshness of the tone edges.  Oh wow, that in reference to Phantom vs Geist, but this really kicked up at 2:40, fire.  Yes, fantastic.   Got a little trying for me the last minute or so.

RecProg, Alpha Grade, Fantastically interesting music. Glad I found this forum. Again, fire. Pads, I think it is pretty freakin solid as is. 

Raid: them waves controlled my brain yo. So lively without traditional chordal dimensionality. I suppose the two drones do create chordality.  

1001 grissly dooms:  This is my favorite - pure Energy.  I think you have actually mind controlled me as the songs continues, though it has ended. 

CerebroCal - GL-7: waiting for mind control to subside... Ah there we go.  This one has the most depth, obv. I mean, you are a descendent of Milton Babbit and you have done him proud as fuck, jesus, once this gets going... wow.

I have to go reevaluate my own work after spending time with these. Obviously, I will never have the level of variation that you have in your music, but I have followed and will listen again soon, probably tomorrow to be honest.  The frequency play is impressive. 

jeebus

Just went back and listened to one of my songs and listening to yours really gave mine clarity and my songs showed faults that I had not previously heard.   The pue elctro synth leaves no confusion.  its cuts like a knife. kudos.

• 2 weeks later...

one of my first tracks, originally made in 1999. the music is all mostly the same as it was back then but i've enhanced the mix a lot. prob gonna go on a comp of my older stuff if i can ever finish it..

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 5:39 AM, MisterE said:

one of my first tracks, originally made in 1999. the music is all mostly the same as it was back then but i've enhanced the mix a lot. prob gonna go on a comp of my older stuff if i can ever finish it..

cool. Knight Rider vibes ?

On 7/4/2019 at 3:46 PM, MisterE said:

made everything but the ending of this with psycle about 15yrs ago. beefed it all up recently, and made a new ending part. feel like this is prob my favorite thing i've made at this point. but it's prob also too grungy. every time i play it i hear a lot of stuff that could be added. i've been thinking about adding some arps, and maybe some fast tabla-ish type drums over the ending...

This one is my favourite one of all the tracks you posted. dig it.

the last EP i released on my bandcamp was 5 tracks I made in 1998. Found them on a DAT tape in my parents house a couple of years ago!

• 1 month later...

i'd actually like opinion(s) on a part in this unfinished wip. i'm touching up an old mix by overdubbing things over it, but there's a small section where i didn't like the notes a synth was doing, so my 'solution' was to chop up that part of the track. i'm just wondering if anyone thinks it 'works' at all, or if it just seems too out of place since that's the only place in the track where anything is choppy. the section in question is 1:28 to 1:36.

basically i'm wondering (for anyone's opinion on) if it's ok as it is, or if you think i should try to improve it by doing more edits (thinking about removing a couple of sections where it repeats) with the chopping, OR if the whole idea of having chopped stuff there is just bad.

Archived