IGNORED

Hum - Inlet

zero

Been playing this a lot the last few weeks. Such a great album. If you worship The Riff like a lot of Sabbath Heads, then this is for you. One of the best riff based album I've heard in years ?

Anyone have any recommendations that may of lurked under my radar then please post them. The Summoning has just started, holy fuck what a beast of a riff!!! The shoegaze elements of the vocals and the twinkly synths really hits the sweet spot.

Nice work Hum ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, zero said:

I thought this one had a bit of a Hum Inlet vibe in spots:

https://deafheavens.bandcamp.com/album/infinite-granite

Never really made my mind up about Deafheaven, always sat on the fence with them, but I will revisit

thanks zero?

Edited by beerwolf

• 3 months later...

Good bump auxien, I'll probably play this today. Feel like some tidal wave riffage ?

I didn't really get on with that Deafheaven album that zero recommended to listen to. I was familer with it anyway but revisiting it didn't really improve much. They're a very good band and all that but I don't feel the love like others. I did however, by chance, discover an album which I'm pretty sure Hum would be fans of and is quite close to what they achieve here. Definitely similar vibes. I'll screenshot the album cover a bit later....

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...