IGNORED

Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae Covers for FLACs

Guest lim

Here are jewel case covers in PDF format for anyone who wants to make their FLAC purchase of 'Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae' physical as a 2xCDR set. The covers emulate the 'Quaristice' Limited Edition 2xCD set. Sorry the PDF's are like 7+ MB, I didn't have time to tweak the compression settings so I just exported them uncompressed (originally 600 dpi):

AeQQepaePDF.zip

Just don't bundle them with a torrent or some creep shit like that. Enjoy!

Here are jewel case covers in PDF format for anyone who wants to make their FLAC purchase of 'Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae' physical as a 2xCDR set. The covers emulate the 'Quaristice' Limited Edition 2xCD set. Sorry the PDF's are like 7+ MB, I didn't have time to tweak the compression settings so I just exported them uncompressed (originally 600 dpi):

AeQQepaePDF.zip

Just don't bundle them with a torrent or some creep shit like that. Enjoy!

did you actually write the new track titles with the authentic font or did you copy and paste the letters from the original quaristice titles? i suppose the latter, but if not i'd be highly interested in the name of the font...

did you actually write the new track titles with the authentic font or did you copy and paste the letters from the original quaristice titles? i suppose the latter, but if not i'd be highly interested in the name of the font...

Yeah, I was going to copy and paste for the tracklist, but that would have taken hours...in some places that was easier, though. The font is just some modified Helvetica Neue...I don't know from what foundry. It's somewhere between 75 and 87 Heavy Condensed. Basically, a few letters are Helvetica Neue 87 Heavy Condensed and the rest are Helvetica Inserat Cyrillic, with a stroke to bring them closer to 75. The characters are all squished to about 70-80% vertically and 90% horizontally, and then skewed -13° horizontally since it's not true Oblique.

Yeah, I was going to copy and paste for the tracklist, but that would have taken hours...in some places that was easier, though. The font is just some modified Helvetica Neue...I don't know from what foundry. It's somewhere between 75 and 87 Heavy Condensed. Basically, a few letters are Helvetica Neue 87 Heavy Condensed and the rest are Helvetica Inserat Cyrillic, with a stroke to bring them closer to 75. The characters are all squished to about 70-80% vertically and 90% horizontally, and then skewed -13° horizontally since it's not true Oblique.

i see, thanks for the detailed answer! sounds like quite some effort went into it...

already checked alot of the usual suspects inlcuding helvetica types of course but i guess it was specially arranged by the dr.

i think it looks like it was designed to work as an italic font in the first place rather than being a standard font in an oblique variation (the longitudinal strokes being completely straight and parallel for example)... could be completely wrong though.

I think the original sleeve is Univers 57 Condensed Oblique - so Helvetica is by-and-large quite a good match.

i'm afraid that's not quite it, check this out:

quarivers.gif - 0.01MB

you can see what i meant by the straight, parallel lines especially clearly on the 'e's ... also notice the almost perfect vertical line on the right side of the 'A'... like i said, my guess would be that this was at least heavily modified by the designer.

Guest moo duck
10 times more complex than draft 7.30 artwork

there were much of ppl saying how it (quaristice cd cover) can be done by 'anyone' in 10 minutes.

Guest Blyz Castl

I really hope they go all out with the next album's cover art. I actually kinda like these, but sometimes it just gets a bit monotonous.

I think the original sleeve is Univers 57 Condensed Oblique - so Helvetica is by-and-large quite a good match.

i'm afraid that's not quite it, check this out:

quarivers.gif - 0.01MB

you can see what i meant by the straight, parallel lines especially clearly on the 'e's ... also notice the almost perfect vertical line on the right side of the 'A'... like i said, my guess would be that this was at least heavily modified by the designer.

Oh dear, back to the sans-serif folder for ME!

You're right, it's either hand-rolled or an obscure humanist sans which only TDR are cool enough to know about. The Q is weird too.

Edit: Helvetica Neue condensed bold, 80% width, 10 degree shear is very close. The comma is wrong, the x-height is too great, and the weight is slightly too light, but it's close.

... and just like that, WhatTheFont nails it as Akzidenz Grotesk Bold Condensed Italic.

Game over!

post-118-1212108877_thumb.jpg

post-118-1212109619_thumb.jpg

Note: I don't have the italic of the bold condensed, so this is the bold condensed with a 10 degree shear - not quite identical.

Guest PusillanimousRex

I've been in the process of making something like this for myself last couple days, but I'll check this out first and see whether I need to pursue.

Yeah, seconded on the WhatTheFont find, blos. Althought the artwork I made for these is kind of pointless now..."Perlence subrange 3-36" being longer than I originally anticipated and disc two being over 80 minutes...whoops. ...I'm just thinking about where to split it up now. Re-doing the covers should take no time with the OG font in hand--maybe I'll even do disc art this time around, full bleed, all vector...whatever. But, for anyone actually interested in having these: any votes on where to split it for a 2xCDR?

Archived