IGNORED

Draft 7.30

Guest HWNDarkside

I would like to take this moment to call attention to Reniform Puls, which I think is severely underrated around here (at least, people don't often mention it) but its a total throwback to Tri Repetae for sure, beautiful melodies and all that fun stuff. Pretty much an ace track, although pretty much everything on Draft is ace so I dunno.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to take this moment to call attention to Reniform Puls, which I think is severely underrated around here (at least, people don't often mention it) but its a total throwback to Tri Repetae for sure, beautiful melodies and all that fun stuff. Pretty much an ace track, although pretty much everything on Draft is ace so I dunno.

really like the early part of the track. feels like it gets a little too diffuse/scattered as it goes on.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Yeah, they both start off really good and kind of develop into a chaotic pattern

they form a trifecta with cap.iv (the best of the three).

Guest frits

Cap is one of the most unusual and emotional tracks. Really wish Autechre used more obvious sampling like the ghost soul voice in Cap. It´s such a beautiful contrast to their crazy synthetic beats.

I like Draft 7.30 - it's very imaginative. But I think I much prefer Confield's production, having listened to them both again. Confield seems to use the stereo field more, it's atmospherics are more upfront, and it's warmer - but still glitchy and unpredictable like Draft.

I really want to write up a 'encey's guide to Draft,' like my Confield one.

have you got a link to that? i saved it on to my pc at some point but lost it when i switched to a laptop. would be good to read it again, it's like a playguide!

ps. yes, a guide to draft would be amazing. as well as one for oversteps, eventually (once it sinks in, i imagine).

Guest theSun

those chords in cap are just so perfect. i still hate lentic tho

how can you hate lentic?

i don't know why i can't get into it. it just sounds to me like they left the room after 4 minutes and it just goes on way too long.

Guest frits

Draft is definitely a cold sounding album. Has a lot of neat ideas but I prefer their warmer, fuzzier productions.

I really want to write up a 'encey's guide to Draft,' like my Confield one.

have you got a link to that? i saved it on to my pc at some point but lost it when i switched to a laptop. would be good to read it again, it's like a playguide!

ps. yes, a guide to draft would be amazing. as well as one for oversteps, eventually (once it sinks in, i imagine).

I can't seem to find it!

Guest Greg Reason

I like Draft 7.30 - it's very imaginative. But I think I much prefer Confield's production, having listened to them both again. Confield seems to use the stereo field more, it's atmospherics are more upfront, and it's warmer - but still glitchy and unpredictable like Draft.

I find Confield's production to be a bit more of a blunt object that Draft's though. It's less defined, less subtle and not as vast and imaginative as Draft's. Draft seems to have more colour and flavour and also a lot more clarity and sharpness.

Guest Greg Reason

those chords in cap are just so perfect. i still hate lentic tho

how can you hate lentic?

i don't know why i can't get into it. it just sounds to me like they left the room after 4 minutes and it just goes on way too long.

I adore Lentic... I get very strange feelings as it just blurs into a sandstorm of beats at the end. I still clearly remember the first time I ever heard it, it was the thing that got me obsessed with Autechre. It was a bit of a revelation to me so I guess maybe it has some influence on me liking the track so much but I still listen to it and enjoy it just as much.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kelvanE

Draft is definitely a cold sounding album. Has a lot of neat ideas but I prefer their warmer, fuzzier productions.

yea i also feel like it's their coldest, like metal on metal. some of the funk beats are great: 6ie.cr // Vl Al 5 - simply great tune, still it's like all metal percussion and no soul. Untitled used that "percussive" aesthetic to better, more organic/real, effect I thought. LP5 is the master of all in that regard.

i don't like the loud IN-YOUR-FACE high treble of Draft 7.30.

Guest Hanratty

i listened to draft while driving through rush hour traffic for about an hour. was not pleasant. i was even more irritable because of draft. in fact, i hate draft now.

Guest kelvanE

i listened to draft while driving through rush hour traffic for about an hour. was not pleasant. i was even more irritable because of draft. in fact, i hate draft now.

lol, hectic.

Holy shit, has it really been 7 years??? This album still seems so new to me. It's like when someone said "the best thing they've done since Draft 7.0" i thought "that practically was the last thing they did. And then i realized we're a whole three albums + Gescom release later. Well fuck man, that's still going to be fresh sounding in 20 years, and probably still ahead of most of what's being made then in electronic music. This album and Richard Devine's Cautella are like the apex of futuristic sound design to my ears.

Guest silverside

A track which I don't think has been mentioned here is Vl Al 5, which is one of my favourite tracks on Draft. The ending is particularly amazing, with the funk and hip-hop samples spliced and made into an insane breakdown. Loving Xylin Room, Surripere and V-Proc too.

Guest Astroturf

I fucking love this album.

I gave all of Ae's albums bar Amber (and now Oversteps) to a friend of mine last month. He listens mainly to drum and bass and The Prodigy.

I was suprised to wake up to this text this morning:

Jst listened 2 draft 7.30... omg its ace

A track which I don't think has been mentioned here is Vl Al 5, which is one of my favourite tracks on Draft. The ending is particularly amazing, with the funk and hip-hop samples spliced and made into an insane breakdown. Loving Xylin Room, Surripere and V-Proc too.

My favourite track off Draft easily. Just sounds so hot and wheezy, gorgeous sound design.

Guest victorian sewer rituals

For real? To me it's the other way around.

When Draft first came out it basically vaporized me. It's both mean and gorgeous. Arcades, spiderwebs, woozy back alleys, calm rushing light redesigning, allowing the disorientation to stretch and yawn it's infinite flexing jaw, breathing out it's hot moist XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Draft 7.30, Untilted and Oversteps are the most beautiful things i've ever listened to. :biggrin:

Archived