IGNORED

it took me this long to get Tango n Vectif...

sergeantk

where have I been? this whole album is quite amazing, lotta stunning melodies. Lacks the "annoying" qualities on Bluff Limbo and In Pine Effect (alright albums but way below this and Lunatic Harness). It also has a certain ambiance ive never heard before, kinda surprising coming from mike p (of course LH has more of that wicked ambiance).

It also took me a very long time to get Tango n Vectif, several weeks actually, then I got an email from the seller saying the item couldn't be shipped and I got my money back. I never heard the album. :unsure:

you need to hear it somehow man

okay, i've been listening to this album obsessively since this thread. The toms that come in 2:15 on swan vesta, so tasty. burt sienna is fuck gorgeous. the sonic fox is also a gem.

okay, i've been listening to this album obsessively since this thread. The toms that come in 2:15 on swan vesta, so tasty. burt sienna is fuck gorgeous. the sonic fox is also a gem.

listening to swan vesta right now. crazy good :)

Which version of Tango n Vectif are people listening to here... 2xLP, 1993 CD or 2001 2xCD?

After Reading Yek's post I looked up Whale Soup on Discogs. I never realised how different the tracklist on the CD version is to the vinyl. The track order on the double vinyl is how I've always heard the album (since early 90s). The original CD doesn't have Ad Misericordeam, Caesium, 4 time egg or Phragmal Synthesis parts 2 & 3.

• 2 years later...

I just listened to this all the way through. I think it starts very strong. The first 5 or so tracks had me going. I sort of zoned out throughout the second half though as I was driving and distracted. I am impressed with it though. It definitely warrants more listening as it is pretty long. It's also quite dark. It probably worked really nicely for dj sets back in the day.

• 4 weeks later...

Which version of Tango n Vectif are people listening to here... 2xLP, 1993 CD or 2001 2xCD?

After Reading Yek's post I looked up Whale Soup on Discogs. I never realised how different the tracklist on the CD version is to the vinyl. The track order on the double vinyl is how I've always heard the album (since early 90s). The original CD doesn't have Ad Misericordeam, Caesium, 4 time egg or Phragmal Synthesis parts 2 & 3.

For about ten years I had only known the 2xLP version. A few years back I got the 2CD version as well but have to say that the bonus tracks never really stuck. I couldn't tell you now what they sound like. Really love my vinyl version though :music:

• 2 weeks later...

I just gave this a more determined listen straight through while driving. It's brilliant. Not only is it enjoyable as balls to listen to but it gave me a lot of ideas for tracks. Thanks Mike! It's a shame that it was followed by my getting harassed by police though.

It's a fantastic album, one of my all time favorite. Smart, emotional, inventive... many superlatives apply here. Oh and 2001 CD re-issue here.

Somerset Avenue Tracks shares the same qualities, top material too.

It's a fantastic album, one of my all time favorite. Smart, emotional, inventive... many superlatives apply here. Oh and 2001 CD re-issue here.

Somerset Avenue Tracks shares the same qualities, top material too.

Cool, I'll have to check it out. I'm a lot more interested in Mike's output after this album.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i've got 1993 CD & 2001 2xCD, i love this album & Bluff Limbo. i've bought Somerset Avenue Tracks (1992-1995), because i'm nostalgic (oh yeah fuck nostalgia!) & love this music period, so rich & so wild! ;-) and so aciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid, really aciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid! i want some acid snare rush, come on!

he played most of these supporting orbital once. was immense,

it got me in to his music from that show. despite his atari/amiga? breakin' down a few times, his beats were so loud and sounding dope

he totally blew orbital out the water

It was a really nice surprise when I heard Amenida 2 on the reissue and realized that he'd patched up that annoying dropout in the mix with a nice new melody. I love when the tape gets chewed up on the remix of On, it sounds great. But on Amenida it just makes the sound vanish instead of giving it some crunchy distortion. It always used to drive me crazy, so it was fun that it was the only thing he changed about the music. Every time I listen to it now, right before that part I think, 'ugh this is the part where it gets all messed up', but then it turns out all dreamy instead.

Also, thank god they changed the artwork on the 2cd to match the vinyl version. What was even up with the original cd artwork? A blurry picture of some pipes?

Archived