IGNORED

"Cop Murders Unarmed Civilian" Thread

LimpyLoo

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fiznuthian

Also: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/georgia-teen-holding-wii-remote-shot-cops-front-door-family-lawyer-article-1.1619842

Georgia teen holding Wii remote shot by cops at his front door: family lawyer Christopher Roupe, 17, was shot by a Euharlee police officer on Friday when he answered the door. Police say he was pointing a handgun, not the video game device. Roupe was an aspiring Marine, his family said.

The Daily News really trips me out, they go from "cops are heroes" to "cops are scum" in the blink of an eye. They're almost as bad as the Post.

So, I just got pulled over for speeding while I wasn't speeding, then I got pulled from my car by an officer twisting my wrist for not answering the questions, "Do you have any illegal weapons, drugs, or marijuana?" Then I got searched and placed into a police SUV while my vehicle was illegally searched by 3 police officers. Then I was questioned, and when I asserted that I was illegally detained and was illegally searched the office claimed that his smelling marijuana was probable cause for said search. He then also cited some baloney about anything in plain view being searchable even though this does not apply to entering my vehicle. The fascism is strong in this country and the struggle is real.

I have been convinced for a while now that (most) cops are thugs that simply don't give a fuck. All of the angry ranting homeless schizophrenics were right about the government, the world, everything.

My experiences with them have been sort of ok previous to now, but I've been spending a lot of time in South Texas recently and it is like a third world country down here. There are police, border patrol, and state troopers everywhere. The cop who pulled me over even carried a m4 carbine in his SUV. All they do is patrol up and down the highways because the cities out here are tiny. You feel like you are constantly being watched. I've received two speeding tickets in 3 weeks of being here. The previous one was dismissed because it was bullshit as well. They are just here to make money and intimidate.

Yes, they are thugs. That is why when I didn't follow exactly what he said he attempted to intimidate me, lie over and over again about smelling marijuana which obviously didn't exist, and violate my rights. From now on I will treat every cop with contempt, and I will have a camera on them the entire time. I tried to record this encounter once It was apparent my rights would be violated, but I wish I had the entire encounter. it would be very damning. I'm gong to request the police dashcam.

Guest Al Hounos

I agree, large parts of the rural South are truly third world - high crime, high corruption, high inequality, little education and little government intervention.

Guest fiznuthian

Damn, welcome to the club Adieu. :cry: I also had cops lie in court to incriminate me after my lawyer pulled a motion to suppress evidence (suggesting the search and seizure was without probably cause). Seriously, FUCK these pieces of shit. I ended up being sent to a weekly class where everyone in the room except for one person was there for marijuana charges. The only genuine criminal in the room was a guy who was arrested for driving drunk. He would nod off every 5 minutes because he was fucked out of his mind on painkillers. Everyone else (some 20 people or so) were there because of weed.

Damn, welcome to the club Adieu. :cry: I also had cops lie in court to incriminate me after my lawyer pulled a motion to suppress evidence (suggesting the search and seizure was without probably cause). Seriously, FUCK these pieces of shit. I ended up being sent to a weekly class where everyone in the room except for one person was there for marijuana charges. The only genuine criminal in the room was a guy who was arrested for driving drunk. He would nod off every 5 minutes because he was fucked out of his mind on painkillers. Everyone else (some 20 people or so) were there because of weed.

I don't understand how a cops testimony can be determined as legitimate. It should be inadmissible.

Guest fiznuthian

I don't understand how a cops testimony can be determined as legitimate. It should be inadmissible.

You'd think so. In my case, the judge I had did not listen to my lawyer or me. The cops told their story, my lawyer interjected and raised the motion to suppress, and after that the judge thought to himself for a minute before sentencing me. I wasn't given the opportunity to speak whatsoever.

Do you have a court appearance scheduled? I'm curious how that is going to go for you.

You'd think so. In my case, the judge I had did not listen to my lawyer or me. The cops told their story, my lawyer interjected and raised the motion to suppress, and after that the judge thought to himself for a minute before sentencing me. I wasn't given the opportunity to speak whatsoever.

Do you have a court appearance scheduled? I'm curious how that is going to go for you.

I do. Whenever they write the ticket they assign a court date.

Just an update:

Supposedly it is quite difficult to retrieve a recording of a traffic stop from officers in Texas.

In 2008, the supreme court ruled that police have no obligation to provide such evidence to the defendant. Basically, you cannot claim illegal activity if they tell you it doesn't exist even though it always gets recorded and mandated to be stored for 30 days. So cops generally claim the equipment was damaged or they failed to preserve the copy. There is no recourse to this claim.

In light of this I'm contacting a lawyer. He is a friend of the family, and per my uncle, "He hates cops." So this is I think a going to be a mutually beneficial relationship.

I have been convinced for a while now that (most) cops are thugs that simply don't give a fuck.

I'm no great fan of cops* but I strongly dislike the general atmosphere you're creating in this thread. explain to me why it even exists other than to anger people, especially with that title you've chosen. you think WATMM - or anyone else - needs this inflammatory rage-fodder, instead of cool-headed reasoning?

at best you're going to make people angry and at worst you'll predispose someone to act out of anger when mistreated by law enforcement. and they won't win. you confront a cop, the cop will fuck you up. the law (whatever it's worth) is on their side. that's no way to approach these thorny problems.

*American cops seem to be particularly bad, I don't think any other country in the world has this much tension and hatred between civs and law enforcement. I'll add the caveat that my calls for reasonable instead of reactionary behaviour are for situations where the police have a modicum of competency and respect for civs, not where people are being harassed/shot/whatever all the time. I've never been to the States so I can't really say there.

Archived