IGNORED

Thomas Köner - La Barca bonus tracks

Tauhid

If you never got your hands on the 2xLP version of La Barca, the five bonus tracks on that release can be found at his bandcamp, along with three unreleased tracks. Good stuff.

https://thomaskoner.bandcamp.com/music

In other Köner news, I sent him a message asking what the deal was with the Aubrite, Kaamos, and Unerforschtes Gebiet, since they're all out of print. I worked in the fact that John from Type had mentioned a few years ago that Aubrite was the next reissue. As of today, things are moving along again. Hopefully they'll be out next year.

la barca might be my favorite köner LP. there's something so compelling about that one, really draws me into its world. but I love all his records.

those reissues have been in the ether for a few years now, really hope it happens.

tom pls

la barca might be my favorite köner LP. there's something so compelling about that one

I absolute adore it too - It's weird, one the reviews I've read many people cite it as his weakest release, though personally I've never had so 'hair standing on the back of neck' moments as I've had with this.

la barca is really good yeah, the earlier albums is like being buried under glaciers, this one is very urban and human, the end of the last track with its faint melody and whispers is really incredible.

Archived