IGNORED

M8 tracker

marf

It sure is.

fake edit: It's really cool seeing the production models getting into people's hands. It's a really exciting and high quality device and seeing people having fun with it is great.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, modey said:

It sure is.

fake edit: It's really cool seeing the production models getting into people's hands. It's a really exciting and high quality device and seeing people having fun with it is great.

It does look a really nice design.

definitely something I would need to try before buy though as my eyes ain’t what they used to be. I’m fine with the little screen on the OP-1 so it’ll probably be ok. 

18 hours ago, Grain Bastard said:

definitely something I would need to try before buy though as my eyes ain’t what they used to be. I’m fine with the little screen on the OP-1 so it’ll probably be ok. 

Yeah, the pixel density is quite high. I can understand readability might be a bit tricky for some people. With the web display / Touch Designer patch though, you can mirror the screen at any size you like. Obviously doesn't work too well in a portable situation, but it's something!

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got one these and so far I absolutely love it. It is very high quality in everything from the screen, chassis, key caps, travel case etc. Coming from Renoise/Nerdseq the learning curve hasn't been that bad. I never tried LSDJ before.

The web display mode is defintely the most surprising feature I didn't know I wanted. I can work on music on the go, then plug it into my computers to charge/continue working on music in a browser.

I'm surprised how well thought out the sampling feature is. Its pretty easy to record a loop of audio from my modular or anything which accepts MIDI. Also the slicing feature is completely genius. 

The thing I am having a hard time wrapping my head around is song mode. Since phrases can have different lengths, getting things to line up and loop in the right order seems difficult unless I make all my phrases the same length (including empty patterns for "muted" tracks.

• Like 1