IGNORED

King Krule - Space Heavy

King Krule's 5th studio album is releasing on XL Records on the 9th June. (Technically 5th if you count A New Place 2 Drown). Interesting change of style to something a bit more slow and mellowed out.

The album art looks awful but the two singles from it are amazing:

• Like 1

I’ve listened because his records always get high ratings but not really for me. There was a time I was very much into singer songwriters and would give King Krule a bit more attention, but that phase has definitely passed. Even Dylan doesn’t hit the spot he use to. Though the album Highway 61 Revisited (and a few other tracks like A Hard Rains Gonna Fall, Watchtower, Not Dark Yet) still pack a massive punch.

Edited by beerwolf

On 5/23/2023 at 7:17 AM, thumbass said:

I dont get this guys appeal tbh. I've never been able to get into his stuff.

Walk around London on a hot summer night and you'll understand the vision

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 8:00 PM, Friendly Stranger said:

It's really good. Get a cup of coffee and cozy up. Built for morning listening, IMO but you do you. The percussion on this one is fantastic.

Agreed - not my favourite release of his but it's so refreshing to hear a sound that is new and mature but still consistent with the King Krule style we were all hoping for.