IGNORED

Melbourne 23

stev

1 hour ago, stev said:

vibro tactile haptic vest during the AE performance

IMG_20230825_195050.jpg

I mean, sub-bass in a venue that can channel it properly will achieve basically the same thing. what would make this a killer product is adding a wireless vibrator (for either the front or back door depending on your sex).

• Haha 2

On 8/28/2023 at 4:51 PM, Friendly Stranger said:

holy shit is this typical? I'm not sure I've ever seen this done, by literally anyone.

I think (pure conjecture) they have always preferred it this way, and that they just became more and more conscious about it. Or maybe they always wanted, and just became big enough to demand this? I've seen them live since 2005. It always seemed like they had minimal lighting. With some gigs, it was really obvious: Acts before or after them would sometimes have more active light shows and laser stuff. But Autechre kept it minimal. It really does suit the music well as it can be so disorienting and weird and fluid, it enhances the experience and really opens up the room. With light, the room is finite(simply because you see the walls), in the darkness, it becomes infinite.

Did you know the Egyptians built their temples so that you would traverse section after section, and they were specifically built so that each following section had less and less natural light. Until you reached the final inner sanctum, to which only the Pharaoh had access. This was a "going back in time" to the infinite dark ocean that was the beginning of the Egyptian creation myth. After the ritual, the Pharaoh would return to the world of now, traversing the sections in reverse, gradually walking through more and more light, cleansed, reconnecting them with the present, but also with their divine ancestry. Ehm... It's like this somehow. We're allowed to go back to some pure dark chaos, where life is only just beginning to form. Pure potential, first motion, anything could happen as the elements begin to separate and reconfigure, which is exactly what these Autechre live things, especially since 2016, sound like to me. I liked that Sean mentioned "ancient" sounding music in the twitch AMAs. 

If you'd prefer a shitpost for an answer:

Duo of neurodivergents makes neurodivergent music, so they have to create a neurodivergent environment so they don't get overstimulated by their own music. 

Edited by BlockUser
  • Like 4
  • Farnsworth 1

• 2 weeks later...