IGNORED

Honour - Àlàáfíà

fumi

• 1 month later...

Album artwork and second preview track

a2305275135_16.jpg

There is also a supposed extremely ltd edition digital of a track called CdG ( a nod to Comme des Garçons? or maybe Cori Dionne Gauff - an American professional tennis player) - it's limited to only 5 copies and cost $364. Gulp. 

a2700279838_16.jpg

Will be getting this, his previous stuff has been stellar. Bit puzzled that theres no physical release and wonder if theres going to be one down the road cause I'd rather not have to buy it twice if I don't have too. Same with the new Marina Herlop.

The HBK tapes came out on O___o and then PAN handled the vinyl later. The recent Upsammy and Tzusing albums has very very staggered digital to vinyl release schedules,  I assume there are still problems with the pressing plants being booked to capacity but PAN seem to be affected worse than many others (ok, not Skam). You'd think if they planned a physical they might give some sort of time frame but maybe they don't want to get our hopes up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2023 at 7:22 AM, Key said:

Will be getting this, his previous stuff has been stellar. Bit puzzled that theres no physical release and wonder if theres going to be one down the road cause I'd rather not have to buy it twice if I don't have too. Same with the new Marina Herlop.

The HBK tapes came out on O___o and then PAN handled the vinyl later. The recent Upsammy and Tzusing albums has very very staggered digital to vinyl release schedules,  I assume there are still problems with the pressing plants being booked to capacity but PAN seem to be affected worse than many others (ok, not Skam). You'd think if they planned a physical they might give some sort of time frame but maybe they don't want to get our hopes up.

What did you think? I wasn't overly interested in a lot of it. Too many pieces felt like discarded demos. Ironically, the individual pieces dropped sporadically over the last twelve months on Bandcamp, I've enjoyed a lot more than what's on this album.

Yeah I pretty much agree, I've only given it one listen and it wasnt bad and there were some nice moments but considering its their first full length release I would say it doesnt really deliver on the hype of the last few years of mixtapes/one off bandcamp drops etc. Its very sparse for long stretches. Will have to spend a bit more time with it to see if it has hidden depths.

• 1 month later...

ok this is sick, one of the best albums I've found this week browsing through best of the year lists

I love how these tracks really bask in the noise and ambiance. It would be easy to just keep the beats riding but I think the restraint of pulling back and soaking in the atmosphere so often makes for a more engaging listen.

• 2 months later...