IGNORED

Glasto 2024

All hail The Wumbo Man 🍻

Didn't get much traffic last year (maybe because it was a terrible line up) but I always end up watching a fair bit of it, so may as well start a thread. I don't mind talking to myself, so it's fine. 

PJ Harvey on and LCD Soundsystem on after. That's two very good acts, which already almost equals last years total (The Avalanches and War On Drugs). Enjoy!

(delayed post LCD are on NOW and are WOW!, might be downhill from here on in😀)

PS I am aware that probably 50% of the crowd don't actually know who LCD Soundsystem are....and welcome any criticism of that 🤘

Edited by beerwolf

I was gonna let this thread die quietly 😄

Yeah to be honest I haven't watched any of it apart from LCD as I've been fishing yesterday and today I'll be watching footie. Might squeeze something in later but nothing on the lineup is piquing my interest. Might watch a bit of The National before bed, as I quite like a few of their tracks. But all in all it's not very interesting, and that's putting it politely 👹

• Big Brain 1

Watched Shania Twain while waiting for the footie to start. Absolute turgid shite. Everyone, including her, look bored. Which funnily enough is what is happening while I type this and watch the footie. Absolute boring turgid shite. On every channel. If I had a dealers number I'd probably be on the phone right now to get some fucking cocaine in. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Watched Shania Twain while waiting for the footie to start. Absolute turgid shite. Everyone, including her, look bored. Which funnily enough is what is happening while I type this and watch the footie. Absolute boring turgid shite. On every channel. If I had a dealers number I'd probably be on the phone right now to get some fucking cocaine in. 

so she don't impress you much?

• Haha 3

Orbital were fun last night, apart from that new Spice Girls mashup track.  But then they've leant towards pop sensibilities through the years so its not really a huge surprise. 

Otoboke Beaver (Park Stage) were huge fun and I highly recommend watching if you want 45 minutes of high-octane Japanese chaos from 4 talented female punks.  watched this with my kids earlier and they loved it.  Also the cute "thank you" after each sonic blast, and the drummer, as well as being very very good, is also HOT. 

I watched Disclosure but in the main their set was fairly dull.  I think the highlight was actually their cover of Insomnia by Faithless.

Will watch the Paul Heaton set tonight.