IGNORED

pigface $1000 contest

Guest KarakasaMusic

Guest Glass Plate

I dunno, they can use your song wether you win or not. and "Pigface - suck" doesn't sound like a song I would want to be known for remixing, I dunno. I'm thinking about it. I do have a fax machine though.

Guest AlexPallas

its a rad song, more on the industrial rock side. if someone is going to do an electronic music remix, they'll have to totally restructure it and use the guitars in a clever/faux-clever way, im thinking a la Cabaret Voltaire

Guest Adjective

so wait...

i'm familiar with the NIN version

is this a remix of a cover of that?

or was NIN the cover

maybe my question is more who/what is pigface?

Guest AlexPallas

its basically a broken down pre-nin version with trent on vocals. i think something very neat could be done with it if one were to take the time and effort.

pigface, note the list of members

Guest Adjective

is that the version that was jsut drums and some rewinding tape noise or something

i've probably heard it, i think i may do this remix

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

enough people enter the NON-paying contests that i feel entering this one for the money would be a sad waste of time unless you have supreme confidence in your abilities to not only remix the track, but remix it in a way which it will be picked as winner

end of line

Remix competitions are so fucking random. It's kind of like they're saying "here, I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10. Guess which one."

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

exactly. i only do them now if i actually want to remix the track, and make a point of ignoring the contest aspect. one does better work under these conditions.

I'd just really like to remix that song. They can do what they want with it, since it wouldn't exist otherwise. The contract says they'll give credits on liner notes if it's ever put on an official release, and that's all I care about. Since they wrote the song, the copyright's already theirs anyway. The only thing thats kind of off putting is the snail mail method combined with a deadline about three weeks away. Based off prior experience, that means no remix started and finished this week will actually make it to them in time.

Archived