IGNORED

Reedy synth

six

Anyone know a good way to get that nice reedy wind instrument sound out of a synth? Autechre used it a lot during the Chiastic Slide era if anyone needs an example of what I am talking about.

Guest Last post by
Anyone know a good way to get that nice reedy wind instrument sound out of a synth? Autechre used it a lot during the Chiastic Slide era if anyone needs an example of what I am talking about.

got a specific track you can point to?

search "chord organ" on ebay. a company called magnus made some good ones and they go for dirt cheap (dirt cheap to moderately cheap anyway). you'll need a mic too.

Guest Last post by

Still downloading Latent Quarter, so I can't tell if the people suggesting acoustic instruments are taking the piss...

:alien:

to tell the truth i have no idea what latent quarter sounds like... but so long as you want a reed sound you might as well get a reed organ. i'll post a clip of a song i did with one in a minute.

Guest Last post by
to tell the truth i have no idea what latent quarter sounds like... but so long as you want a reed sound you might as well get a reed organ. i'll post a clip of a song i did with one in a minute.

Fully. But I'm trying to picture Autechre using a reed organ and it's a silly image :grin:

Guest Last post by

OK I've heard the track now.

It sounds just like the aforementioned melodica

Melodica_soolo.jpg

My guess is they got a melodica preset off a ROMpler or an FM synth and slowed down the attack time a bit, rolled off some tops, and that's all, jack.

Archived