IGNORED

all tomorrow's linoleum

Guest a_plus

...from the all tomorrow's parties 1.0 compilation.

i swear that "stop look listen" from the warp100 compilation is hiding in that song.

i'm kind of fascinated with all tomorrow's linoleum, anyway, because i feel like way deep in there is some sort of melody if i turn it up really loud. sometimes i think i can hear bass and bell-ish tones, but i'm not sure if they're actually there or if all the noise in the song just tricks my ears into hearing what's not there.

Guest contrapunctus

yeah its got a melody in it, mixed in really low for a few bars, but I don't hear much relation to stop look listen, sound more like a fusion of ccec and dropp

its just a sick jagged hip hop number, makes me wish they'd collaborate with an mc.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah, there's definitely a melody, but it's way under everything so it's mad hard to make out.

there's something like four distinct layers, but the bottom layer is this badass hiphop beat, which is probably why i love the song so much

whenever i think, 'well, draft and untilted were pretty disappointing, i guess ae have kind of lost it ...', i just think of all tomorrow's linoleum and the ae-acid track from atp3, or gantz graf. their shittiest material always ends up on the LPs, i have no clue why

I listened to this two more times and liked it a lot more the second and third time. Noticed quite a bit more, like the underlying beat, and was able to pick out more layers. I especially like the end.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived