IGNORED

Dust-Mite

chim

Business-business_man_59.gif

Good Afternoon Sneakster 303, how are you doing pal? My name is Fred Mcgriff, and I'm with an independent Professional Electronic Music Critique and Consulting group. Let me just root around in my briefcase here and have you fill out a few forms whilst I analyze your track.

*shuffles through assorted documents and ledgers*

*listens to track*

Yes I see. . . . mmm hmmm . .. okay . . . oooo. Well . . . . okay uh huh, yes . . . okay.

*removes headphones*

Well, good news partner! It turns out your track is not nearly as bad as we had initially suspected. 3rd Quarter projections had you way underperforming on your drum programming when in fact you outperfromed the majority of your competitors. The amount of effort that went in to the beat sequencing is pretty obvious and we think it paid off big time for you, pretty much carrying the track.

I'm going to have a meeting later with my manager and we're going to discuss the melodic elements of this track. I have to tell you, I don't see any problems off the bat. It's not the most melodic piece I've heard, but it successfully creates a mood, and works with your film samples. I'll have to get back to you on that and let you know what the boss man says. But like I said, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Sneakster, right off the bat it was obvious that you put a lot of time into this track. I would echo one of my colleagues sentiments in that it is certainly above average as far as YLC goes. Nice work buddy, nice work.

*closes briefcase, hands you invoice*

Hope to see you again soon!

• 7 months later...
Guest Kenneth172

Good Afternoon Sneakster 303, how are you doing pal? My name is Fred Mcgriff, and I'm with an independent Professional Electronic Music Critique and Consulting group. Let me just root around in my briefcase here and have you fill out a few forms whilst I analyze your track.

*listens to track*

Yes I see. . . . mmm hmmm . .. okay . . . oooo. Well . . . . okay uh huh, yes . . . okay.

*removes headphones*

Well, good news partner! It turns out your track is not nearly as bad as we had initially suspected. 3rd Quarter projections had you way underperforming on your drum programming when in fact you outperfromed the majority of your competitors. The amount of effort that went in to the beat sequencing is pretty obvious and we think it paid off big time for you, pretty much carrying the track.

I'm going to have a meeting later with my manager and we're going to discuss the melodic elements of this track. I have to tell you, I don't see any problems off the bat. It's not the most melodic piece I've heard, but it successfully creates a mood, and works with your film samples. I'll have to get back to you on that and let you know what the boss man says. But like I said, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Sneakster, right off the bat it was obvious that you put a lot of time into this track. I would echo one of my colleagues sentiments in that it is certainly above average as far as YLC goes. Nice work buddy, nice work.

PRICK

this track is 5/10

it didn't test my patience, it just moved along in a vanilla style.

some of the beats were ok mind you.

*listens to track*

*removes headphones*

PRICK

*files lawsuit*

yeah, it's ok man.....obviously very well programmed and that - like the noises used, not really into this kind of thing any more so not my bag really, but I think it's well produced with good use of sound and space. only thing i didn't really like were the voice samples..

Guest yan_g

lol, dude you are too funny. this reminds me of the track i posted, people were like "thats so shit", and i was like 'fuck you', but then i started to listen to everyone else's music and realized most people on watmm were better than i'd ever be, so i started to drink heavily and doin' the heroin, before i knew it i had pawned my collection of roland synths for $50 a pop just to get my next fix...

...but when all was said and done i realized that no matter how crappy my music is jesus, will always love me, even if he like's brian ellis and chris moss a whole lot more.

You cant sell yourself short though. It's probably the people here that are making you feel this way cuz some of the are just straight up spiteful bastardos. They try and shoot down your morale, not to mention demean everything you do. We aren't fuckin RDJ, ya know? But the fact is, I know we have talent so don't think anyone else's shit is better than yours because of the shit attitudes. I think this is getting awesomely funny, and the haters (or maybe aren't haters and they really care and give me their honest opinions because they are JUST THAT COURTIOUS! Who knows?) havent seen ANYTHING yet! If they only know who they were dealing with...

:angry: Heh heh...

man if all you want is people to tell you your music is good, i don't think a forum suiting your needs exists. it all started with your reply to my crit, which i believed to be potentially constructive. you started defending yourself. i have several ways to react when people criticize a track of mine :

1. don't care (if i think the critic missed the point)

2. follow their advice (if i think their suggestions can improve my track in the direction i'm trying to head to)

not that i consider myself an example but i couldn't think of any better attitude. that "3. defend myself" option is just irrelevant, because actually nobody cares about who you make your music for. we're mostly complete nobodies to each other, you posted your latest creation, you got feedback. i think it's the point of the forum. everything's working pretty slick in teh lovely interwebs.

man if all you want is people to tell you your music is good, i don't think a forum suiting your needs exists.

that is correct. but no, i like constructive crit. all compliments mean nothing unless they are descriptive.

Bro you're never gonna make any money with the music period. Even those with talent make literally no money so that is a total fucking childlike fantasy and you need to stop deluding yourself right now! This tracks sucks big time. Its virtually unlistenable. Get out of your 'I make music for me' mindset otherwise you'll never progress.

you fucking asshole. i know for a fact that several people here make a living off of the music they make, just because you fail at life doesn't mean everyone else here does too.

jesus christ, i didnt even listen to this track but that shit was uncalled for.

Bro you're never gonna make any money with the music period. Even those with talent make literally no money so that is a total fucking childlike fantasy and you need to stop deluding yourself right now! This tracks sucks big time. Its virtually unlistenable. Get out of your 'I make music for me' mindset otherwise you'll never progress.

you fucking asshole. i know for a fact that several people here make a living off of the music they make, just because you fail at life doesn't mean everyone else here does too.

jesus christ, i didnt even listen to this track but that shit was uncalled for.

you should listen. it's kinda old now by my standards but I like it still...

ok i listened, the soundscapes are nice, not too big on the drums as id like to hear the kick alot bigger and thicker, but it was still a nice listen, thanks for sharing

ok i listened, the soundscapes are nice, not too big on the drums as id like to hear the kick alot bigger and thicker, but it was still a nice listen, thanks for sharing

thanx for the input!

Guest Drahken

I like the overall sound but there was this nagging feeling in my head saying 'where is this going?' and I was tempted to switch the track frequently. I found it hard to really enjoy it overall. I think a more solid beat might bring the rest of the glitchy sound together.

Fred gets the LOL of the day award, gawd that was too funny.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest splagawaga

the tracks not bad i guess. i found the synth snare part just rattling away really annoying. it seems like the dynamics in the percussion are a bit flat. it just kinda chirps along without any discernable groove. the bass is kinda muddy aswell.

mood wise, its really cold. not quite eerie enough to be eerie. just digital coldness.

its not un-listenable but i doubt ill ever listen to it again.

interesting nonetheless.

Wow yeah, some harsh comments in here. Geez Promo...

I was a bit distracted due to reading through comments as I listened, but overall I liked it. I don't have much constructive criticism to give on this one really. I actually like some "coldness" in my electronica, that's partially what attracts me to the genre --cold indifference turned into something sonically interesting. Good electronic tracks don't need any melody. Autechre's best work is often completely atonal.

I enjoyed the glitchy bass synth stuff, the use of panning on the percussive elements. I'm not sure it's a track I would just listen to with rapt attention, but it would be something I'd enjoy walking around listening to on my discman, or using as a soundtrack to my internetting. That's what a lot of electronic music is for me anyway.

Archived