IGNORED

Getting audio from a DVD.

Guest The Bro

Okay this should be very easy but it's proving a bitch. I'm trying to rip some audio from DVD. I figure I should be able to record the output into Soundforge but I'm getting this bizarre reverb feedback. Wtf why isn't the easiest thing easy? I've installed my new soundcard and weird shit like that just goes right over my head. Any suggestions?

Its all a bit of a mystery. Something isn't configured correctly because I should be able to record direct into Soundforge. I mean it does record but I get all this feedback type reverb which increases the louder the input.

i tried real time recording a DVD version of Evil Dead 2 many times for a very quiet and weird wind sound in it. Unfortunately there was too much line noise and when i tried amplifying the sound i heard mostly hiss.

The only way i got around this is by using a program that directly rips to a wave file, the audio on a DVD. I think its called DVD 2 wave. There are many programs that do this and they work well.

Its all a bit of a mystery. Something isn't configured correctly because I should be able to record direct into Soundforge. I mean it does record but I get all this feedback type reverb which increases the louder the input.

Are you using a laptop? Maybe there's a mic on the laptop which is turned on?

Definatly use Audacity, select WAVE as recording source or whatever the same is for your soundcard and just click record while your playing it on your DVD playback software.

Download DVDDecrypter ( http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/ ). Put in the DVD and run the program. Switch to mode -> IFO and you should find that it's selected the largest file (usually the film itelf) and under that is the list of chapters that you can tick/untick. Click on stream processing and just tick the ac3 Audio track and untick the rest and click demux. Now press the decrypt button and you should have an .ac3 file of the audio.

Now depending or not your audio software supports .ac3 files that should be all you have to do. If not then download headac3he: http://darkav.de.vu which will convert it to a .wav file (just choose the .ac3 file, then select the file format and press start.). There you should now have a sparkley .wav file

All the software is free as well.

I have a couple computers, so I just ran my laptop playing the dvd through my mixer which went into my desktop.

You can always get RCA to 1/8'' connectors and run from your dvd player. I don't have an actual dvd player, I just use my xbox or ps2, so that's why I don't do it.

Guest skytree

promo, are you running a mac or pc?

here's an excellent free tool for recording any audio directly off a mac's sound card. whether it's dvd, streaming audio, etc. you can register for the full version, but the free trial works indefinitely for that purpose.

i keep it running in the background whenever i watch a dvd, for spur-of-the-moment sampling. smooth.

Guest arsenlives

if you are getting a feed back then you are probably monitoring your recording (meaning that you are listening to your computer's output of itself recording itself)

Archived