IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Guest grinningcat
I hate to agree with the government and the media especially when they sound like such twats in the way they phrase it, but it is true that almost any black person who is famous (and therefore supposedly influential) isn't exactly the best role models.

isn't it just that black communities are also in the most deprived areas of london? theres plenty of good role models, good sportsmen, musicians, sir trevor mcdonald etc. I mean who exactly is the 'role models' for other communities that this community does not have? curious

Whatever the track is at 16 minutes I need right now. I suspect it's an unreleased cut off Benga's new album in the fall, which I hear is going to be great.

There's a lot of love for Dubstep on WATMM. Haven't seen anyone take a crack at making it yet tho.

Head over to my beardstep thread and pitch in!

i started making this which is a bit dubsteppy

but i gave up on it cause it was a bit crap

now i'm focussing more on beardstep

Guest blutac
I hate to agree with the government and the media especially when they sound like such twats in the way they phrase it, but it is true that almost any black person who is famous (and therefore supposedly influential) isn't exactly the best role models.

isn't it just that black communities are also in the most deprived areas of london? theres plenty of good role models, good sportsmen, musicians, sir trevor mcdonald etc. I mean who exactly is the 'role models' for other communities that this community does not have? curious

yeah but how many young people watch the 10 o clock news on itv! not exactly a part of our youth culture! Sportsmen, musicians, actors etc aren't the best role models anyway - both incredibly competitive fields/ euthamisms for unemployed (see hoop dreams/ "get rich or die trying"). It's more useful to see people successful in business, politics etc. both on a public level and a local level. The role models the government seem to be looking for are people who make the most of themselves, what they want through enterprise and perseverance, richard branson as a quick example. Don't know how much I really agree with what I'm saying, but I definetly think there has to be some relevance to the issue - wealth disparity simply isnt large enough to explain whats going on. The fact is the State support any basic needs no matter the income involved.

London doesn't have slums anymore, there are richer areas and poorer areas, but nothing that could be described as a poverty trap, and no areas which dont have large proportions of ethically english people, and people who aren't total fuck ups.

Guest grinningcat
It's more useful to see people successful in business, politics etc. both on a public level and a local level. The role models the government seem to be looking for are people who make the most of themselves, what they want through enterprise and perseverance, richard branson as a quick example. Don't know how much I really agree with what I'm saying,

lol cmon dude, how many of us looked at white politicians and business men when we were young and thought "wow they are great role models... I want to be like them!!" There are decent black people visible in british society. i reckon the kids that are going to be fuckups are going to be fuckups anyway. I blame the family and breakdown of family structure and gangsta rap and poverty

no excuse though, lock dem up

Guest grinningcat

the younsta et is good (thanks who uploaded it) the track at about 19mins is is really good the one with the little synth bits

• 2 weeks later...

There's going to be a preview of the new Burial album on the Breezeblock (or whatever the fuck it's called now) in the near future

yeah man i dig it as well.........

but my mind is on one thing at the moment.......

nipples....

oops I mean Kiln..........

dubstep is on the back burner but new Burial sounds like a close 2nd to Kiln..........

anyone went to that fwd/rinse night at the end on friday? Its the first dubstep night I've been to in 6 months, and despite some great tunes it was ruined by

a) absolutely retarded mcs whose relentless shouting drowned out the music and gave everyone a fucking headache.

b) god knows what the fuck they were playing in the second room

c) the djs having a complete inability to play a tune through to the end, especially when the mc shouts rewind at a really annoying time just as your startin to get into the tune. there was also some shocking shocking mixing

d) the 2 hour queue to get in and the half hour queue for a cigarette followed by being herded into a pen and not allowed to leave for 10 minutes.

e) a load of complete dickheads in the crowd, loads of agression, loads of girls getting treated like shit. totally reminded me off a drum and bass night

WHAT THE FUCK HAS HAPPENED TO DUBSTEP!!!!!!!!

used to be the best nights around and now its fucking shite. worst thing is that I love hearing the music on a really big system so much more than at home so I donnee know what to do..

I went to FWD a month back. There was the odd dickhead there and there were a lot of rough types but most seemed okay. I really wanted to go to the FWD/Rinsed night though but the timing of it wasn't good for me. I just think that these nights attract a lot of chavs but I certainly enjoyed it and it was definitely the best night I'd been to for a long time. There are a number of other dubstep happenings and nights here and there though. I went to a night at Herbal entitled 'Grunk' about a year a go and that was fucking good. Personally I loved FWD though .... shame you didn't have a good time though dude.

Whatever the track is at 16 minutes I need right now. I suspect it's an unreleased cut off Benga's new album in the fall, which I hear is going to be great.

skream played some unreleased benga last night, including that crazy wonky timesig track from the stella sesh.

i went fucking nuts haha

Guest Soothsayer

skream played some unreleased benga last night, including that crazy wonky timesig track from the stella sesh.

i went fucking nuts haha

That whole Stella Sesh would have been one of the greatest sets ever had Skream not talked so damn much(and kept rewinding every track he liked, hehe). Is the Benga track the one he called "newstep" during the Stella Sesh? That track was fuckin' bangin'!

Ok...BIG question for ya folks, anyone got the mp3 to Skepta's "Thuggish Ruggish"? I LOVE this song...