IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Bass Clef!

bass clef is one of my favorite dubstep related artists right now.

has anyone here had a chance to hear Lich the Wisp dubstep moniker? its fucking amazing, some very epic dubstep tracks hes made that go places musically ive never heard mos of the dancefloor stuff go.

i want to find moire interesting dubstep like this, anyone recommend some more experimental or genre crossover dubstep (no vocals please)

You should start downloading my mixes, GBIII, I throw Lich tracks in 'em all the time ;)

can you link me to some?

ive just started tinkering around with some weird mostly machinedrum based dubstep. id like you guys to check it out at some point.

Guest Soothsayer

Found these lookin' around, forgive any lack of cleanliness(I'll be posting a new mix up soon):

Young JR Ewing mix

Ambricourt Parish mix

edit: And I would like to check those tracks out, I dug the Kush Arora 12" you released(I know that's not you, but yeah, ya get my drift), really nice and full dub music.

Edited by Soothsayer

Found these lookin' around, forgive any lack of cleanliness(I'll be posting a new mix up soon):

Young JR Ewing mix

Ambricourt Parish mix

edit: And I would like to check those tracks out, I dug the Kush Arora 12" you released(I know that's not you, but yeah, ya get my drift), really nice and full dub music.

thanks we are doing another one soon that will be a lot more grimey 2-step and experimental less dub based than the last one, releasing date is probably going to be late 2008, maybe even 2009.

here is a rough version of a dubstep track im working on now. im still experimenting with a way to combine my own style with dubstep. it took a very long time toying around to even get to this point. i know it probably needs more bass warbles to actual dubstep but they come in later, i just am not ready to mix it down yet.

im burning a cd of your mixes for me car, thanks for those.

Edited by Ghostbusters III

pretty decent first dubstep track there GB3....

anyone listened to my set or is that too hard to ask....???

and here is something for soothsayer and those others who get to it first:::::::::::

Edited by Atop

Guest Soothsayer

The Clouds single "Under the Dancing Feet" is pretty damn great. The vocals on the title track has a nice Billie Holiday feel to it, and the bass on both tracks is pretty serious.

Guest Soothsayer

Kaini, keep your eye out for the new Benga and Walsh 12"...the b-side is literally a track from Newstep, but the a-side is some DOPE old-school sounding Benga 2-step.

p.s. I've now decided I like the b-side of that Clouds single *way* more(track is called Worms). I love how it has a nice almost pretty opening, only to give way to one of the ugliest bass sounds I've heard in a while.

blutac: thanks!

Edited by Soothsayer

Guest dildo
Also, anyone check out the new Darkstar on Hyperdub? Very interesting release...definitely taking a different road than a lot of the "I'm darker than you" stuff(which, mind you, I love).

I spent a lot of yesterday just sitting back and smoking listening to this

hell yes,"need you",fucking ace,that bassline takes your head and Konfusion from kode9 is even better,wtf i would like to listen it on a sound system.

HUGE

Guest Soothsayer

DJ Cal Cutta- Sagrada Familia mix

little goof-off thing I did last night, live and freestyled(as always), beware pickpockets and loose mixes.

Juju- Punks (Komonazmuk Remix)

Kode 9- Sub-Kontinent

Clouds- Worms

Compound One- One Ting

6blocc- Never Scared

Benga- The Germ

SP:MC- Trust Nobody

UltraBlack- Stab'Em(ReEdit)

Shackleton- Tin Foil Sky

Mala- Hunter

Orien- Belly of the Beast

Kode9 & the Spaceape- Konfusion(Vox)

L-Wiz- Cowboy Universal

Wisp- Avensedora Leaf

Rustie- Response

Tunnidge- Face Melt

murk dweller- The Sound

Ruf- Want Some Crack (Original Mix)

N-Type- Hacksaw

Rusko- Gone 2 Far

Point B- Embrionic

Darqwan- Megatection

Biome- Agitated

Digital Mystikz- Shake Up Your Demons

Zomby- spliff dub (rustie rmx)

Clouds ft. Tiiu- under the dancing feet

link to tracklist

enjoy folks

Guest Soothsayer
what do you mix with ? downloading now.

Traktor Scratch(it's like Serato Scratch, a program that lets you control audio files w/turntables using vinyl records w/special coding). I love it.

what do you mix with ? downloading now.

Traktor Scratch(it's like Serato Scratch, a program that lets you control audio files w/turntables using vinyl records w/special coding). I love it.

friend of mine uses Torque which I find very unimpressive... I'd never tell him that though it was kind of expensive... anyway thanks for the mix I'll listen to this later.

Guest Soothsayer

Yeah, isn't Torq like M-Audio's brand or something? Not quite sure how much I'd dig that...Traktor Scratch seems to work pretty well(small little bugs here and there, but I deal), the response is good enough that you really can't tell you're fucking with a digital audio file(even slow drags sound real, which is where a lot of other similar programs fail)

edit: There's actually a free Linux-based program that will recognize any control vinyl(I think). Looks pretty cool Xwax

Edited by Soothsayer