IGNORED

Reason 4

Guest Adjective

Guest Adjective

http://www.propellerheads.se

more details about Reason 4 released

they've got an ad on the front page, that leads to a pop-up with info on all the new devices

and little flash demos so you can explore the devices

i used to use Reason a lot, not so much after finding Renoise

but i do like to keep an eye on them

rub_thor.jpg

rub_rpg8.jpg

rub_regroove.jpg

screenshot2_mit_regroove.jpg

neat stuff

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tried reason.

hated it.

no audio,

piano roll/step sequence input...

apparently 'intuitive' but actually a pain in the ass... hardware doesn't behave like a gui.

i'm a cubase guy.

no frills, not tricks, just an awesomely powerful studio sim.

im selling all my heardware to get this..

actaully im not.. i dont like reason, since everyone started to use it because liam howlett did on the last prodigy album. im a commodore 64 and heardware kinda guy

Guest Adjective

did people really get into reason because of prodigy?

some guy knew i liked playing with rebirth and so he gave me a copy of reason 1 and i was all into it because it had the moving cables!

gave me carpal though

using a computer mouse to compose is like playing piano with a spoon

i think they should break up reason into a suite of VSTs

Guest blicero

i hope they come out for better live performance tools... like being able to open multiple songs at once and crossfade between...

i tried to do this in live but failed.

interesting, though i'm not so keen on the ableton sequencer. ableton + reason works quite good for me.

have been throwing cubase SX out the window for reason 2 (after running each cubase version from their very beginning). i WAS a cubase guy until steinberg build SX. perhaps that was a point why they had to sell - dunno. i hope this won't happen to propellerheads if they redo the sequencer. i'm really unsure, but will look out for reviews once its out.

and in fact... i wonder what i will be able to do with reason 4, what can't be done today.

interesting, though i'm not so keen on the ableton sequencer. ableton + reason works quite good for me.

have been throwing cubase SX out the window for reason 2 (after running each cubase version from their very beginning). i WAS a cubase guy until steinberg build SX. perhaps that was a point why they had to sell - dunno. i hope this won't happen to propellerheads if they redo the sequencer. i'm really unsure, but will look out for reviews once its out.

and in fact... i wonder what i will be able to do with reason 4, what can't be done today.

really?

i started on pro 24 in 1989.

running steinberg ever since.

just seems to get better and better with every incarnation.

really. i have been using it on atari. and changed with it to windows which was an awful experience in the beginning. it got better over the years. i've been introduced into logic on mac in studio then and liked both applications for various reasons. when cubase stopped mac support and logic stopped windows support i've made up my mind and continued on cubase.

today i'm starting to wish i had continued with logic. thats nothing against cubase, but a bit more concerned with the OS its running on. and yes... i loved VST's so much... that i upgraded computers a couple of times to the fact that my machine was running out of power for them. thats far away now, and we have a lot of wonderful apps today... and yeah i think cubase needed the refresh at that time when SX came out... i just didnt get used to all the new keyboard shortcuts and such i totally changed to other apps, including reason.

cubase is still something like the mother of all these things, but i'm definately more looking into nuendo or other applications for specific things.

most of that perhaps has to do with taste and habits, ability for customizations and stability. reason has a wonderful cpu usage for a small amount of specific things i do, but yes its all here... and i'm looking forward into this new version, hoping that its not breaking the wrong things..

Archived