IGNORED

Selected Ambient Works 85-92 Remastered

chaosmachine

Guest Kibreg

just got mine in the mail (haven't listened yet). though I heard it is a very good remaster.

some discogs user feels the same...

Ok, Just another R & S / Apollo repress like all the others...

That's what I was thinking at the time that this repress was released. I already got an original copy of this masterpiece on vinyl on Apollo. So, I didn't bother to get me a copy of this repress.

Recently a friend of my bought this repress and when it finally had arrived, we were quite supprised about the soundquality of the repress.

We compared it to the original press and trust me.....

Those people at R & S weren't kidding about the remastered part!

It's just amazing!

The volume of the tracks is a bit louder due to the wider cutting of the masterplates.

The repress sounds so much better and brighter compared to the original released on Apollo!

After we had listened to the whole album, I had convinced myself to buy a copy of this repress.

Guest Kibreg

yeah id like to hear the remastered xtal (and maybe one other track)... don't feel like hooking up my turntable though :P

Guest nerojones

this is really ironic. i JUST finished listening to the remastered version on vinyl and i must say it is fantastic. and yes, xtal is the fucking shit.

Guest Kibreg
this is really ironic. i JUST finished listening to the remastered version on vinyl and i must say it is fantastic. and yes, xtal is the fucking shit.

good to hear :)

now for the Classics remaster... anyone? Looking forward to a remastered Isopropanol.

the originals of many of the tracks, xtal in particular, couldn't sound better in my opinion. the crappy tape aspect of them make them really special, some of the sounds of xtal are fucking great because of the blurry distorted feel you're getting. But I haven't heard the remaster, I'll probably check it out.

Guest mushroom

if anyone is able to make a rip available to me via pm, I'll be that person's best friend forever

Guest ~ism

i ordered the repressing of Classics from Boomkat and they sent me SAW instead by accident. I called them to complain and they sent out a Classics a few days later... I never sent back the SAW, so nice 2 for 1.

I'm not hearing any new miracles. If i try to hear differences, the highs seem to have a tiny bit more detail. But the originals were bad to begin with. In their re-mastered form it only becomes clearer how fucked up the masters are.

my 2 cents

i ordered the repressing of Classics from Boomkat and they sent me SAW instead by accident. I called them to complain and they sent out a Classics a few days later... I never sent back the SAW, so nice 2 for 1.

lol, that's really nice!! ;-) coooooool!!! :laughing:

Guest mushroom
if anyone is able to make a rip available to me via pm, I'll be that person's best friend forever

seriously you guys

you don't know how difficult it is to search for an album remaster on slsk

and I have no money

Guest Renivatio
Reminds me of the time that guy made the thread about remaking 85-92 and got flamed severely.

Christ, he got the atom bomb on that one, I remember.

i finish 2 have this vinyls... i don't have the first vinyls of it but just a cd...

i've listen them & these tracks r amazing! sound better than cd (yeah, i don't know the difference with the first vinyls), i listen the difference (yeah with analogie & numeric) only 4 the sound, but i can't tell u with the first vinyls...

if i've bought it, it's bcause it was not expansive & mentionned "remastered 2006"... :angry:

Guest masterdome
i will have to buy this.

xtal and tha are the best aphex tracks ever.

evAR

THA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life changing ...really!

Archived