IGNORED

Has anybody even asked RDJ...

Q27

probably everyone who's seen him since late april... AS IF he'd ever give a straight answer to anyone 'cept his close mates, who probably had to sign something that said that if they said anything they owe RDJ their first born and 1 testcle/uteri... Not joking... when "Nannou" posted on XLT or mu boards (dont remember so solly cholly) and went on that rant about what a prat he was she mentioned threatening his friends with lawsuits for giving up shit he's done under different names and stuff... I can only imagine how many pop songs ive dismissed that COULD HAVE possibly been done by RDJ. Maybe lots, maybe none. Who the fuck knows..................... Prob doesnt even tell his wifey poo that stuff, in case of divorce...

i'm afraid that no-one has asked richard 'wind up his fans at the slightest opportunity' david james about the tuss afaik. but if some cunt doesn't stop changing the wiki article...

Guest Helper ET
... Not joking... when "Nannou" posted on XLT or mu boards (dont remember so solly cholly) and went on that rant about what a prat he was she mentioned threatening his friends with lawsuits for giving up shit he's done under different names and stuff...

What?

Talk more...

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
is luke viberts 'robotuss' anything to do with the tuss

finally someone else understands this

is luke viberts 'robotuss' anything to do with the tuss

finally someone else understands this

well that makes 3 of us... that was the 1st thing i thought back in april or whenever...

• 3 weeks later...

I didnt quite ask him but I was there when someone did. I cant remember the exact date but there was this rephlex night in Falmouth, Cornwall a couple of months back, in a place called Qbar. I went along because the poster said that the Tuss would be showcased with other new rephlex bits and bobs. I have a picture of the poster somewhere, it was just a tiny photo copied thing. On the night they had a chalk board saying Richard 'H' James Guest DJ. We all got a bit excited as you can imagine. It turned out to be pretty mellow with this great DJ playing old funk records, nothing like the poster. RDJ showed up halfway through and hung about having a few drinks, I had a chat with him at the bar and he kindly bought me a pint, he said the promoters were lying about him playing. Pity. Whilst we were talking this guy came up and asked him if he was Tuss. He said he wasnt. So if he says he isnt, even if he is, surely we should all respect that and let it be, clearly that music isn meant to be associated with Aphex, so leave it at that.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
I didnt quite ask him but I was there when someone did. I cant remember the exact date but there was this rephlex night in Falmouth, Cornwall a couple of months back, in a place called Qbar. I went along because the poster said that the Tuss would be showcased with other new rephlex bits and bobs. I have a picture of the poster somewhere, it was just a tiny photo copied thing. On the night they had a chalk board saying Richard 'H' James Guest DJ. We all got a bit excited as you can imagine. It turned out to be pretty mellow with this great DJ playing old funk records, nothing like the poster. RDJ showed up halfway through and hung about having a few drinks, I had a chat with him at the bar and he kindly bought me a pint, he said the promoters were lying about him playing. Pity. Whilst we were talking this guy came up and asked him if he was Tuss. He said he wasnt. So if he says he isnt, even if he is, surely we should all respect that and let it be, clearly that music isn meant to be associated with Aphex, so leave it at that.

see, i was happy to go this route from the beginning... but my favoritest subforum is overrun with tuss topics; i could not avoid tuss debate even if i wanted to

you did this to yourself, richard

Yeah I found the picture, Its terrible quality, but it reads. 'Established in Cornwall over a decade ago by Richard D James (aka Aphex Twin) and Grant Wilson-Claridge, the Rephlex imprint comprises an enviable army of artists skilled in the dark art of 'Braindance'. This subversive line in sonica includes everything form post-folk optimism by way of Bogdan Raczynsk, the spine crumbling analogues of Chosen Lords and the motor city electronics of their latest signing Tuss.'

So that was what the posted said, although it doest explicitly say Tuss was playing, a little poster like that in Cornwall so soon after the release got everyone talking. I went in and asked about it . All the staff were adamant there was going to be some kind of Tuss expo or something, but to be honest they just sounded excited, they wanted to fill the bar obviously. I dunno. Anyway you have heard the rest.

post-3926-1187195456_thumb.jpg

see, i was happy to go this route from the beginning... but my favoritest subforum is overrun with tuss topics; i could not avoid tuss debate even if i wanted to

you did this to yourself, richard

:shade:

i heard about that party from a cornish bird i met at Glade. she said that richard was there are everyone was going mental and waiting outside coz they couldn't get in the venue (too packed). didn't say whether he was the tuss or not though. i don't know why i just posted that.

Yeah there was a huge crowd outside, the police showed up because of all the drinking in the street. Of course it was only a matter of time before the topless poi dancers showed up, the police freak at the slightest wiff of a rave. Shame really, I spoke to the guy who was DJing, he had to stop just as he was about to play some white label new stuff from Rephlex.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest we_kill_soapscum

someone at the radio station described the tuss, on air, as being two people

i have no fucking idea where they got that

Guest AOOproductions
i suspect we at this forum know more about the Tuss than ANY US or UK radio station...

It's intersting you say that. I think we may not have the so called inside "connections"(although Im sure some might have them here, who knows) but we are certainly immersed with much more info and have heard every bit of info or news about him and we know of every gig he was suposed to have played at. Not to mention we just fucking care more :aphexsign:

Archived