IGNORED

Worst Analord

Guest mrcopyandpaste

Guest AOOproductions
You think,I think. this thread's more about opinion that fact.

You just won't admit that I'm right

Also MER 1 is pretty funky, but as far as it's musical depth... well there is none.

MER1 and MER2 both remind me of Shostakovitch. It is very hard to make music as unsettling as that. But, whether you like them or not, they both beat 2 Analogue Talks out of the water.

First of all...Umm it's called an opinion, no one is right?

And second I honestly wouldn't even compare 2 Analogue talks to any tracks. How could you not like it? it is what it is, 1 minute 50 second track of random AFX fuckery, and thats that. But in all willingness to cooperate, I guess it's the worst, followed by MER 1.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all...Umm it's called an opinion, no one is right?

And second I honestly wouldn't even compare 2 Analogue talks to any tracks. How could you not like it? it is what it is, 1 minute 50 second track of random AFX fuckery, and thats that. But in all willingness to cooperate, I guess it's the worst, followed by MER 1.

But this is the intertruck, and we all know opinions die on the intertruck.

But ya, I'm saying 2 Analogue Talks mostly as a joke, because it is barely even an Analord track. It's like if somebody asked what the worst HAB track was, I'd vote for Bit.

Before I get flamed, I will state for the record that 2 Analogue Talks > Bit. By a long shot.

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure about the worst track, but the first Analord's pretty weak in my estimation. Honestly I'm not familiar enough with all of them to make an educated decision on the matter. Too much to listen to, too little time.

stepping filter 101 & where's your girlfriend on one 12"

with 5 more tracks....

weak...?

that, my good man, is plain crazZY

Guest Helper ET

Agreed. Analord 1 is one of my favs. Midievil Rave 1 is the worst track without a doubt. It's just.......not good.

Analoggins is the shit BTW. Always wondered what Voafose did on it though. I suspect it was the little, "wooah"s, or the out of tune synth tings (incredible). They go back and forth kind of jamming, and they seem like 2 out of place elements (amazing though).

Anyone who thinks Batine Acid sucks is off their meds. That song is fucking gold.

I used to think Caticle Drawl sucked, then one day I just kind of "heard" it. It was weird, and I've loved it ever since. What worked for me, was every time that same part comes back in, listen to it like you hear the chorus in a pop song play over again. It's quite an amazing song.

Wow, I could write a short little write up for every track on Analord...not now though.....not now.

Guest organizedconfusedproject
Wow, I could write a short little write up for every track on Analord...not now though.....not now.

Yeah why not, great idea to make Aphex subforum live. One song per week. Sdoul i open a stepping filter post ?

Guest Helper ET

If you want. I probably won't post in it until I'm drunk later though. I'm kind of tired today...but yes Sepping Filter deserves respect

Midievil Rave 1 is one of the few tracks I perpetually feel like listening to all the way through if it comes on in my shuffle. It's like a crazy evil pianoist slowly moving toward you (on a piano), his head moving around like crazy, and loads of explosions and shit in NYC, and everything suddenly stops when he stops playing, like in The Matrix where they freeze in midair.

Why do you guys keep dissin' it? Is it the out-of-tuneness? The stopping? The total lack of development after the stopping?

Also, isn't Backdoor.Spyboter.A just a much lighter, less effective version of Home Made Polysynth?

edit: Oh shit, unintended 9/11 reference

Guest Helper ET
Also, isn't Backdoor.Spyboter.A just a much lighter, less effective version of Home Made Polysynth?

are you mad? and how are we supposed to be effected? like there is a purpose for every song or something?

Why do you guys keep dissin' it? Is it the out-of-tuneness? The stopping? The total lack of development after the stopping?

It's just so unpleasant to listen to. Nothing in particular, just as a whole, it's quite ugly. And yes the out of tuneness is also pretty gross. I like out of tune a much as the next guy, but this is to the point where I skip the song. It's so out of place in Analord, I can't imagine why it's in there at all.

dont know about worse but my favs are Analord 04 becayse of crying in your face and home made polysynth / and Analord 05 beacuse of cilonen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived