5. I =>?

6. Green Calx =>...

7. Heliosphan =>Helios : sun / Phane : to shine

8. We Are... =>WATMM !

9. Schottkey 7th path =>a schottkey being a kind of semi-conductor

10. Ptolemy =>a greek scientist

11. Hedphelym =>?

12. Delphium =>a flower and a a character of Mostellaria by Plautus

13. Actium =>Famous naval battle near actium, a greek city.

Rdj said in an interview he never reads books, only handbooks about electronics.

So how is he acquainted with greek stories ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rdj said in an interview he never reads books, only handbooks about electronics.

So how is he acquainted with greek stories ?

RDJ also claimed to receive royalties from Radiohead.

Guest organizedconfusedproject
Tha = Samantha

nice

"i" could just be the symbol for imaginary number

brillant !

This morning i was on http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/ so as to retrieve some informations about rdj&books

http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/99345400728740.shtml

"No, I keep it pretty sparse. I've got nothing there but, like, one book. And I bring my laptop, which is enough to entertain me for a lifetime"

I've got nothing there but, like, one book=> what's that ? is this some kind of english idiom ?

http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/98136101762446.shtml

Richard's patterns of consumption are very 21st century too. He loves films, but can't concentrate on books. He tried to read Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time but discovered it was taking him about two hours to recover from each paragraph. Instead he loves computer games and paintball, and admits to being intensely competitive. He loves to make music, but hasn't time to listen to it, except when he's in his car. The music he makes is consistently devoid of literal meaning. Famously, titles like "Xylem Tube," "Acrid Avid Jam Shred" and "Quoth" sound like mock-scientific messages from Hobbit-land, but they are deliberately opaque. It's no coincidence that the Cornish noise boy has chosen a genre that is entirely wordless.

"I don't really like words in music. It's too restricting... I don't like words in general because they mean something. Whereas electronic stuff—because it's so abstract and doesn't have any meaning...you can interpret it in so many ways."

Tha -----> ------> Thutha mayb the Gurmukhī... don't know... suggestion...

I ------> I

je pense que t'a pas cliqué sur ce lien : I ------> I

* L'élément HTML i marque un texte en italique.

* Depuis les débuts du langage Fortran, i est fréquemment utilisé en programmation informatique pour désigner des variables entières. C'est en particulier le cas lorsque l'on parcourt les éléments d'un tableau ou d'une liste.

* I est le symbole de l'élément chimique iode (liste des éléments chimiques).

* i est la variable attribuée à l'intensité en électronique.

:ermm:

RDJ also claimed to receive royalties from Radiohead.

Haha, is that true?

18) It is widely known that Radiohead's Kid A was widely influenced by your music, in particular 'Come As you Are'…What do you think of their new stuff and other contemporaries?

Well they widely agreed to pay me 70% of the widely royalties so ,Im not complaining.

Its on the warp website.

C'est vrai je n'avais pas cliqué sur le lien / I didnt click the link

Mais vu le morceau / But considering the track

et sa forte parenté avec SAW II / And its strong kindship with SAWII

Je pense qu'on peut prendre le "I" pour "je" / ithink "I" simply means I, the pronoun

, une introspection intérieur en rêve lucide / an inner introspection during lucid dreaming.

Parmi les hypothèses que tu offres/ among the assumptions you suggest

I en tant que variable en fortran est très bonne / I as a variable in fortran is very good

D'abord parceque le morceau est une longue variation / First because the track is a long variation

et n'oublions pas inkey$ qui vient du BASIC / & don't forget inkey$ which comes from BASIC

And so the "ph" in Aphex could also refer to the antique greece.

and the A refers to the Alpha, but where is the omega ?

D'après le NME du 13 février 1993 : « Richard en est venu à utiliser le mot par accident, utilisant le "A" de Aphex pour l'élément Acide de ses sons et le "ph" comme la mesure de cette acidité (pH)... »

i can't traduce it, i'm really lazy & worst 2 traduce it... can u organizedconfusedproject? ;-)

ALlleza je me lance

D'après le NME du 13 février 1993 : « Richard en est venu à utiliser le mot par accident, utilisant le "A" de Aphex pour l'élément Acide de ses sons et le "ph" comme la mesure de cette acidité (pH)... »

according to the NME of the 13th of february 1993 : "Richard came to use the word by accident, using the "A" of Aphex for the acid element of his sounds, and "ph" like the measure of this acidity

to that i want to add : ph is a measure.

and i remember aphex comparing music to a mass murder. he almost said a hobo killin randomly arround him in a supermarket is far less terrorising than a meticulous sniper.

7\

1. Xtal =>electronic symbol for oscillator

Yeah, I saw that on my great 80s tape machine - I'm kind of guessing he glanced over something similar and decided to call the track that. Not sure what it would be refering to on a tape machine though

Archived