IGNORED

good luck is a dead duck

chaosmachine

i dunno the original... but this is a great track... the bass sounds damn good. drums are quite good too. mixing is great...

1:10-1:20 is a little confusing. also 1:55. there are a couple of minor sections like that... but on a whole, i really like this.

gorgeous remix. love the starting. love the snare pumped full of long reverb. great work. Check out Infected Mushroom's Converting Vegetarians album, namely the 'the other side' disc. reminded me of a couple songs from that album kinda mixed together.

Cool bit-crushy paddy glitches. I can get behind that. It always helps to be familiar with the original when critiquing remixes, which unfortunately I am not. I like the way it stutters around. I think it would sound cool if you chopped up the vocals a bit more to make it more rhythmic in places. That would be my one suggestion, but it's not a crucial point really. Reminds me a bit of Prefuse 73 in style.

I haven't checked out any YLC tracks in a long time. This is fantastic, chaosmachine. Nice work man, but I don't expect anything less when listening to your tunes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest joshier

I really like your music, they are very emotionally strong.

I also think your photos are fantastic, so thanks for sharing that with us.

One query.. I am a bit freaked out by your obsession with drupal hosting / AN hosting... it really is quite bizarre...

Infact, I'm going to go as far as to say that it almost ruined the experience for me (looking at your photos as I listen to your music).. because, it's as if this whole site is laced with corporate backing.. as if you are sponsored by them so you have to blout about how great they are... - is your site a self expression one, or a corporate backing one?...

I don't think you should mix the two together at all.

I really like your music, they are very emotionally strong.

I also think your photos are fantastic, so thanks for sharing that with us.

One query.. I am a bit freaked out by your obsession with drupal hosting / AN hosting... it really is quite bizarre...

Infact, I'm going to go as far as to say that it almost ruined the experience for me (looking at your photos as I listen to your music).. because, it's as if this whole site is laced with corporate backing.. as if you are sponsored by them so you have to blout about how great they are... - is your site a self expression one, or a corporate backing one?...

I don't think you should mix the two together at all.

i'll tell you the truth: without that sponsorship, i'd still be working 40 hours a week in a call center. it's helped me pay for a trip across canada, and given me time to work on my music and photos. in fact, that link is what's putting food on my table at the moment.

i give away my music, photography, and technical knowledge for free on that site. in return, people can buy hosting. it's a way for people to support what they like, and get something useful in return.

if that "freaks you out", so be it.

Duude this was so ridiculous... Mucho excellente.. Makes me want to check out some of your other songs. I cant remember how the original sounded i'll have to track that down.

Archived