IGNORED

Why AE is better than AFX

Guest Audiophile

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And in my opinion, Autechre's beats flow a lot better than Aphex's.

i completely agree, but you can't deny that APhex twin was the primary pioneer in the excessive roll stutter programming, something autechre found very useful for them later in their career.

Autechre > Squarepusher > Boards of Canada > Aphex Twin

woah boc better than aphex? or was that a mistake

Guest AWATDOD
i completely agree, but you can't deny that APhex twin was the primary pioneer in the excessive roll stutter programming, something autechre found very useful for them later in their career.

eh? what about the egg? cavity job, accelera..

Guest Enter a new display name

No mistake, man. Aphex Twin is not as great as his fans pretend.

i like autechre and i like rdj's music. and even though they have a lesser amount of music released i like autechre and boards of canada more than rdj's music. i like plaids music but as fasr as electronic music goes, as i favor music i like most. it's autechre 1st, boards of canada 2nd, rdj then plaid.

eh? what about the egg? cavity job, accelera..

those dont have the effects i speak of , sure there are durm rolls and fills in those songs, but not primarily stuttering rolling rhythm that was mostly pioneerd on Hangable Autobulb, arguably the album that kick started the entire drill scene along with Plug Drum and bass for papa

No mistake, man. Aphex Twin is not as great as his fans pretend.

ive just never heard someone say BOC, a 3rd tier aphex influenced band is superior to Aphex twin. But i mean i guess its the same as saying that Iron maiden is a greater band than Led Zepplin, which is something i actually believe!

Guest AWATDOD
those dont have the effects i speak of , sure there are durm rolls and fills in those songs, but not primarily stuttering rolling rhythm that was mostly pioneerd on Hangable Autobulb, arguably the album that kick started the entire drill scene along with Plug Drum and bass for papa

er, yes they do

go back and listen

but I really like BOC, yea, but Ae and Aphex are definitely better.

Nah, BoC are fantastic, it's just their latest output, and the legions of imitators, that have put people off them. I think Aphex, Autechre, and BoC have all hit about the same high water mark of excellence, though Aphex is the spottiest of all. But, since he's a solo act, I'm willing to forgive him his lamer stuff. As BoC pointed out in an interview, the best thing about being a duo is quality control, and I think that's true. Ae and BoC are much more consistent than Richard.

The funny thing is, apart from SAW II and a few other pieces by him, I don't really care for Aphex at all. I think you could take all his best work and put it on two CDs, which says something about his quality control.

The real question is which sucked more, Untilted or Campfire Headphase. I say Untilted.

The older I get the less I can enjoy Autechre, I'm more often in a BoC mood. Which basically means I'm getting soft and obsolete, I suppose.

you guys smoke too much weed.

Is this a bad thing?

smoking weed is ok. it's rather healthy actually.

but saying that BoC's music is better than mine, either you're gay (which is ok), or deaf (which is not), or your brain is completely fucked up. :confused:

Archived