IGNORED

Why AE is better than AFX

Guest Audiophile

In the name of Autechre himself....

Repair Bad Credit | Credit Card Consolidation | Balance Transfer Credit Cards | Repair Bad Credit | Loans

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you guys smoke too much weed.

Is this a bad thing?

smoking weed is ok. it's rather healthy actually.

but saying that BoC's music is better than mine, either you're gay (which is ok), or deaf (which is not), or your brain is completely fucked up. :confused:

smoking weed sucks.

oh wait, that was another thread

The older I get the less I can enjoy Autechre, I'm more often in a BoC mood. Which basically means I'm getting soft and obsolete, I suppose.

and gay, i suppose.

Marcus Eoin is going to kick your pasty ginger ass back to Cornwall

Guest Ultravisitor

i couldn't decide which is better. it depends on my mood.

BUT, in terms of how technically genius it is, autechre come first. hands down.

they're too advanced to be ignored or slagged off. and whats with the dislike of untilted and campfire headphase. i love them both.

if you dont think boc are good listen to ''everything you do is a balloon'' and shut up. who cares if other artists influenced others. i love picking out homages and such like in music. it makes me happy.

I have to say I prefer Richard to Autechre. I'm not doing a fully detailed explanation, it'll take too long.

I really like Autechre don't get me wrong. They are the most unique sounding duo I have ever heard, and I have the utmost respect for them as well.

Actually, I think I am the only one here with this opinion. cya

Guest AOOproductions

AFX is my favorite musician ever. When I hear songs Girl/Boy song, Windowlicker, Laughable Butane Bob, Vordhosbn, and Mt Saint Michel + Saint Michaels Mount I become suspended from myself(emotionally and physically). I will admit that Autchre has had a more consistent career and they're albums on the whole are likelybetter. But AFX just stands as some kind of god like figure to me and he will always be the electronic music flag holder in my eyes.

Hmmm... i notice a few have been tooting the horn of HAB... to me, it's one of richard's weakest releases... don't get me wrong, i was all about it when it was released... but now it sounds dated compared to other releases of that time (especially compared to ae's releases)! Aphex is still in High Status with me... But AE are my favs...

AE>APHEX>FSOL>THE ORB>KRAFTWERK>PUBLIC ENEMY>JOY DIVISION>MAD LIB (and his various projects)>ODB

Guest burnibus

AE>APHEX>FSOL>THE ORB>KRAFTWERK>PUBLIC ENEMY>JOY DIVISION>MAD LIB (and his various projects)>ODB

hehehe this made me chuckle, just cos for everyone they would have such a different view, but quite insightful look into your tastes.

The truth be known, neither are better than the other they make very different music. AFX is awesome and has incredible skills but ae are just as awesome with equivalent skills. the only thing that seperates them is taste really.

i have my favourite, as you guys all do but i dont think for one second that they are "better", just what i prefer.

AFX is my favorite musician ever. When I hear songs Girl/Boy song, Windowlicker, Laughable Butane Bob, Vordhosbn, and Mt Saint Michel + Saint Michaels Mount I become suspended from myself(emotionally and physically). I will admit that Autchre has had a more consistent career and they're albums on the whole are likelybetter. But AFX just stands as some kind of god like figure to me and he will always be the electronic music flag holder in my eyes.

I understand you there.. with his music, I can just seem to switch off to everything concerned with "reality", and get lost with it all. I know that sounds all hippy-like, but I think about every time I listen to both SAW I and II.. and really to me, its a great moment. Autechre seem very mechanical/technically produced most of the time (to me anyway). I can't just switch on an Autechre tune and listen to it with little or no concentration. Sometimes I just like to listen to some Aphex Classics, and no concentration needed as my mind is fucked over from a busy and shitty day at work.. it's all there I need in the relaxed listening experience. If I am in a mood to listen to something absolutely mental to get that rush I require, there's a range I can choose from. I mean RDJ creates that enchanting feel to the tracks he makes.

AFX excites, surprises and most of all delivers all the bloody time

Hmmm... i notice a few have been tooting the horn of HAB... to me, it's one of richard's weakest releases... don't get me wrong, i was all about it when it was released... but now it sounds dated compared to other releases of that time (especially compared to ae's releases)! Aphex is still in High Status with me... But AE are my favs...

same with me, i think it sounds dated as well, mostly because its techniques along with Drum and Bass for papa have been used heavily by the majority of electronic music artists

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Frequency

Incunabula ... when Aphex was more on techno AE was create true electronic music and experimental music.

About the electronic music or electronic music i think Orbital's Snivilisation or Orb's Orbus Terrarum or even FSOL's ISDN was more experimental, abstract or alien than Aphex for that time.

I think lot of you here are under 25.

I was thinking about this thread recently. I have decided that some of the end parts in Sublimit remind me of the drums in Children Talking. And that the beginning of Peek sounds a little like AE to me.

I was also thinking, that with the possible exception of the Rushup Edge, and maybe SAW, RDJ doesn't really have a single release that is pure gold 100% all the way through. *ducks* RDJ has a lot of brilliant stuff. And is probably one of my top ten fav musicians, but when I listen to Drukqs, the highlights are very obviously tracks like Vorhosbn and Ziggomatic, and he has some nothingness tracks in between them. Even the RDJ album, I never liked Goon Gumpas. And I rarely listen to To Cure a Weakling Child, since the one on Come to Daddy is so much better.

Or on I Care Because You Do, which I have a growing appreciation for. I absolutely love Start as you Mean to, but genuinely hate The Waxen Pith. This is one of the reasons I like the Rushup Edge so much, very consistent I think.

As opposed to Ae which have consistently grown with each release and produced an entirely new and innovative sound with each release. But still, Ae and Aphex are miles from their closest adversary in terms of electronic music I think.

Archived