IGNORED

songs that ruin albums

chaosmachine

This thread makes me really angry.

It did the same to me when i first came upon it, but upon further reading I found that i could surely find some tracks that stood out to me as out of place.

however at the end, I'd say that most artists put a lot of thought, and concentration on making their albums fluid and cohesive, and usually won't release one until it meets their standards/expectations. but then again that's not always the case, and it's always up for debate so to speak.

Randomly mixing tracks are some artists goals too and that throws a stick in the wheel i guess. But all in all I think it's a very amazing thing when you get a perfectly flowing album, if anything it is a rarity. But what is perfect to one, is completely flawed to another, so blahza.

dark side of the moon

random edit:

essines your unedited beard totally ruins the flow of your avatar *gives you a bad review*

lol

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Michael Jackson left tracks 6 through 9 off of his Off the Wall album, it would be perhaps the greatest EP of all time.

It's pretty rare that single songs from albums I like bother me. Most good albums keep me hooked in from start to finish.

If Michael Jackson left tracks 6 through 9 off of his Off the Wall album, it would be perhaps the greatest EP of all time.

It's pretty rare that single songs from albums I like bother me. Most good albums keep me hooked in from start to finish.

As long as we're talking about Michael Jackson "The Girl Is Mine" really sucks the life out of Thriller once it comes on.

While it's not necessarily bad the quality gap between "One Time for Your Mind" and everything else on Illmatic is pretty astonishing.

The ten minutes of silence on Drane2

Yeah don't get me wrong about my original post.

I like Ticks and Leeches and I also love Lateralus (my fav Tool album by far, one of my favorites of all time). However I think in context to the concept of the album, having a song about lawyers in the middle of all this esoteric stuff causes me to skip it.

Its a better song to pop up randomly on shuffle then where and how it sits on the album.

S.A.L.T. used to be the only track off orblivion that I didn't like, with that cockney-accent dude going on about doomsday prophecies & shit, though actually as of late I kinda find myself enjoying it

Guest Chromatic

As long as we're talking about Michael Jackson "The Girl Is Mine" really sucks the life out of Thriller once it comes on.

Yeah, Paul McCartney's valiant attempt to ruin the album and get millions for doing so.

He's good at that. You know, the guy's an incredible musician, but with an uncanny ability to be absolutely tasteless with where he directs his talents. McCartney's still responsible for some of the best popular songs of the last 50 years, and then some of the worst. Him and Brian Wilson both. But Brian Wilson's still the man.

ah yeah. i'll have to agree with this, i usually skip it so i can listen to lateralus, which is amazing.

and i'm really surprised that chaosmachine listens to simian mobile disco.

sometimes i just download 30 or 40 albums at random, this was one of those times.

S.A.L.T. used to be the only track off orblivion that I didn't like, with that cockney-accent dude going on about doomsday prophecies & shit, though actually as of late I kinda find myself enjoying it

Next to Toxygene it's my favorite off the album

Archived