IGNORED

songs that ruin albums

chaosmachine

Four Tet - Pause - "No More Mosquitoes (3:39)" :sad:

get the fuck out.

My favorite trackon the album... You heard what the man said.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
Guest hahathhat

I'm listening to this album called "Simian Mobile Disco - Attack Decay Sustain Release"

It's fairly decent, but all of a sudden there's this track called "hotdog"..

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Down down baby

Down down baby down

Let's get the rhythm of the hands

Let's get the rhythm of the feet

Down down baby

Down down baby down

Put 'em all together and what do you get

Hotdog<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Those are the lyrics. There's no hint of irony either. It's like something you'd play for preschoolers.. Kind of ruins the album.

you baffle me. i love teh hotdog!!

my grandma sick in bed

Called the doctor and the doctor said

Let's get the rhythm of the head

Ding dong

hotdog

i guess i do have a taste for the weird though

Guest hahathhat

there's a difference between weird and bad, and that song is it.

what do the lyrics mean???

is the name just reflecting the motions of the song?

in particular, that bassline?

is THE HOTDOG a dance they came up with?

is it like someone saying, "HOT DOG!!" in the vein of "WHOA NELLY!!"?

is it about a sick grandma?

is it about the doctor performing strange reflex tests on a sick grandma?

is it about a bunch of hotdogs bobbing on strings?

or maybe the lyrics have as much meaning as the flanged hats in the background.

Guest Iain C

NOT AN ALBUM

The Velvet Underground and Nico - Venus in furs. Yes, I said it. Never particularly "got" this song - alright it's about crossdressing and S&M, big deal.

Guest Adjective

NOT AN ALBUM

The Velvet Underground and Nico - Venus in furs. Yes, I said it. Never particularly "got" this song - alright it's about crossdressing and S&M, big deal.

the feel of the music is the interesting part

i'm going to have to say every song by Tool that wasn't a single. because they trick me everytime into downloading the album and then deleting it.

Guest my usernames always really suck

Basic Emotion, from B12's Electro-Soma album

annoying shitass song

tvotr - a method

battles - bad trails (also ddiamondd actually)

I was having trouble thinking of one but you definitely nailed it:

Battles - Ddiamondd

I actually hate this song on an otherwise excellent album (an album that just needs more stuff like Race Out, and of course the brilliance that is Atlas)

jega - musical chairz

it becomes really nice in the middle once those fucking annoying sounds go away, but then they come back. not sure if this is supposed to be one of those annoying-on-purpose hurfdurf tracks, but i just hate those god damn screeches.

Hub

That's a wonderfully atmospheric track, not my favorite from Chiastic Slide but certainly doesn't bring the album down. I'd take it over the nearly-10-minute, hardly-progressing Recury anyday.

This thread really shows different approaches to music listening. I'm amazed. Some tracks and albums you nailed here are really great to me. Threads like this are interesting, too bad there aren't more explanation.

As for me I'm not sure there are any tracks that exactly ruin it for me. It's more a matter of current mood I'm in. Speaking for artist I trust and love, those that I don't like that much have all kindsa "ruin-the-album" tracks hehe.

Guest theSun

That's a wonderfully atmospheric track, not my favorite from Chiastic Slide but certainly doesn't bring the album down. I'd take it over the nearly-10-minute, hardly-progressing Recury anyday.

i can't help but think of this one animal collective track off feels whenever i hear hub. it just sounds like the beginning of that ac song looped over and over to em.

<!--quoteo(post=632314:date=Jan 12 2008, 01:29 PM:name=Brandi_B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brandi_B @ Jan 12 2008, 01:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=632314"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tool -10,000 Days - Lost keys (blame hoffman) - the one with the doctor and nurse talking

3:46 of annoying wasted time<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

well apart from the lame voice samples... the only tool track i've ever liked!

Yes, I actually really like this track. Does anyone know of any bands that sound similar (to this track)?

Did anyone mention Ticks and Leeches off Lateralus yet?

ah yeah. i'll have to agree with this, i usually skip it so i can listen to lateralus, which is amazing.

and i'm really surprised that chaosmachine listens to simian mobile disco.

Archived