IGNORED

st micheals mount

Chris Moss Acid

2:15 in the original version, but 3:03 in the slowed down version, i think that's a detuned cowbell. sounds like one anyways. there's also another one at 4:28 and 5:25 and a bunch of little ones after that one in the slow version.

at 5:19 in the fast one, 7:11 in the slow one, there are samples of a breath, which i totally missed before i listened to the song on headphones.

the part where the drums disappear, towards the end, you can hear a bunch of soft clicks. it's easier to hear on the slower version.

st michaels mount is such an amazing song. vordhosbn and 54 cymru beats ain't got nothin on it.

i think it maybe the sound of some sort of car button (electric window, or a door lock) appareantly richard wrote a few tracks travelling between london and cornwall or wales at the time

kinda reminds of a girlboy mix where he mixes in the sound of a car going past outside and back into the track again, love that effect.

0:43 girlboy (redruth mix)

"at 5:19 in the fast one, 7:11 in the slow one, there are samples of a breath"

i always disliked this sound..

when i listen to it i think of girl in hospital being kept alive by machine

This sounds more like a personal issue to me...

yeah the little girl singing sounds unnatural and weird as Aphex mixes up the inhales and exhales at different parts

It doesn't sound like a button press to me.. It sounds more like the gentle pitter-patter of Aphex's ball sac slapping against your dad's taint. JK!

On a related note, who thinks that the low voice in Railway Raver's "Eyes of Garfield, pt 5" sounds a bit like your friend, RDJ?

If you turn the internal microphone on on the old mac pismo laptop and click the button below the finger mouse pad you get that button sound. He uses that sound in other tracks too.

Guest analogue wings

It's an old cassette recording of him as a child, a la To Cure A Weakling Child. See also tape noises on 4/Fore Street

Archived