IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

I'm currently reading The Law of Nines by Terry Goodkind. I absolutely loved the Sword of Truth by him, and this one is awesome so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished 'More Than Human' by Theodore Sturgeon and it is pretty mind blowing, suggest it to all sci-fi fans, lovers of speculative fiction...

About to start 'The Great God Pan/The Hill of Dreams' by Arthur Machen...

have heard nothing but good things about this author...

Guest dese manz hatin

I've been re-reading hemingway's the sun also rises this weekend on a camping trip...what a great novel, it's really his greatest. hemingway's talent in constructing characters, emotion, atmosphere (especially recreating the atmosphere of those hot-tempered pamplona-nights) and general depth with minimal means is truly exceptional.

Besides this, I'm halfway through kafka's the trial....it reads like a similitude on existentialism so far.

I caved in to hipster pressuring and am now reading House of Leaves. Given how popular it is with people who think Lost is well-written, I'm not expecting much. At first I was "ahh, yeah, clever, sorta" and now, 150 pages in (plus corresponding appendix reading), I'm all "I get it, I get it, jesus fuck, please move on, conceit well-established."

But I'll withhold judgment until I finish.

Guest uptown devil

I've been re-reading hemingway's the sun also rises this weekend on a camping trip...what a great novel, it's really his greatest. hemingway's talent in constructing characters, emotion, atmosphere (especially recreating the atmosphere of those hot-tempered pamplona-nights) and general depth with minimal means is truly exceptional.

easily one of my favorite books. hemingway is unparalleled. everything he writes is so perfectly simplified and beautifully detailed at the same time. he plays to all senses in completion. i am planning on reading For Whom The Bell Tolls soon.

I caved in to hipster pressuring and am now reading House of Leaves. Given how popular it is with people who think Lost is well-written, I'm not expecting much. At first I was "ahh, yeah, clever, sorta" and now, 150 pages in (plus corresponding appendix reading), I'm all "I get it, I get it, jesus fuck, please move on, conceit well-established."

But I'll withhold judgment until I finish.

After you've finished reading House of Leaves, try to check out a little on the internet about it (there are a lot of stuff on it), you'll find that the whole universe "outside" just plain reading the novel is as interesting as the content of the book! Crazy things you didn't find the first reading, a lot of forum content and analyzing, etc...

Wasn't familiar with Tagore but read a bit about him and would like to read some of his work.....

have studied a bit of the Fourth Way and I love 'In Search of the Miraculous'....

a non-fiction work titled 'Madame Blavatsky's Baboon' is essential reading if you want to know more about Gurdjieff, Ouspensky, the Theosophists, Rudolph Steiner and early religious groups in the United States....

I have just finished Tagore's Gora. I love the way he describes characters and their thoughts, but the story is so involved with religion. Some ideological squabbles slightly bored me...

I bought Beelzebub's tales to his grandson one year ago. It was recommended to me after a very inspiring talk I've had with a foreign actor. This massive chunk is like squeezing the world into a cardboard box. Very promising though, some stuff is just amazing and that's what keeps me on dwelling through.

Guest illway

Didn't realize this thread was here!

I'm reading "Accelerando" by Charles Strauss. It deals with a family during a post-singularity world. NANOBOTS, MAN

Guest ruiagnelo

Reading Le Corbusier's Modulor (1 & 2). Most of watmmers don't know Le Corbusier, but he was the most influential architect in the 20th century and modern architecture movement.

It's been years since i don't read a novel or fiction book. Architecture always seems to come first and i can't do anything about it.

Guest Yegg

Reading Le Corbusier's Modulor (1 & 2). Most of watmmers don't know Le Corbusier, but he was the most influential architect in the 20th century and modern architecture movement.

It's been years since i don't read a novel or fiction book. Architecture always seems to come first and i can't do anything about it.

Are you retarded?

Guest dese manz hatin

:facepalm: + :facepalm: + :facepalm:

I bought Beelzebub's tales to his grandson one year ago. It was recommended to me after a very inspiring talk I've had with a foreign actor. This massive chunk is like squeezing the world into a cardboard box. Very promising though, some stuff is just amazing and that's what keeps me on dwelling through.

read 'In Search of the Miraculous' by P D Ouspensky, the book that Gurdjieff wanted to write but wasn't as a good of a writer as P D, so he had him write it for him.....