IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

Guest Stoppit

The Catcher In The Rye - J D Salinger

I'm about two thirds of the way through. Haven't decided if I like it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

whilst waiting for my mccarthy and woody guthrie books to come into the library i picked up the yiddish policeman. 30 pages in i'm not hooked but i'm not put off either.

i just finished dash shaw - bottomless belly button which is great but i feel like i'm missing something. there is a mystery involved and i can't tell if i'm meant to be able to work it out or if it is what it is

the life of pi - yann martel

great book

The Catcher In The Rye - J D Salinger

I'm about two thirds of the way through. Haven't decided if I like it yet.

magic if you're fifteen.

Guest Z_B_Z

51QCW30HRHL._SS500_.jpg

a truly fascinating and entertaining read.. i love reading about weird, out there shit and the ideas that can be used to interpret said weird shit.

random amazon review-

This is a book of the Anima Mundi, the living soul of the world. It is this soul (like Jung's collective unconscience) that serves as a great reservoir of primordial images. Prior to the age of rigid religious dogma, and equally rigid scientific materialism, human beings naturally seemed to tap into this living soul that permeates and unites all. Indeed, people actively sought to tap into this "otherworld" to gain guidance and gifts for themselves and the community.

Now, even though modern man no longer believes in such things, this "otherworld" is as potent as it ever was. Perhaps it is more so, for if people ignore and repress this alternate reality, it seems to "break out" into the "real" world with even more insistence. Harpur speculates that such unexplained phenomena as fairies, UFO's, angels, Yetis, crop circles, lake monsters, etc., all represent such breakthroughs by the otherworld.

This is indeed an important and ground breaking book, not because it contains anything truly new, but because it reemphasises something quite old- perhaps older than the species itself, perhaps the fount from which we came....

Above all, just because modern men are through with the otherworld does not mean that It is through with us. Not at all.

Guest Z_B_Z

jung isnt new age. funnily enough, i bet youd describe the ideologies and beliefs of many fantastic writers as 'new age'. id bet youd call william burroughs or jg ballards beliefs 'new age'. dont be so lazy

go read carl jung and call him new age. christ..

jung is a fucking hack.

edit: go read his theories about astrology if you require proof.

Edited by loganfive

Guest Z_B_Z

oh shit, my mind has been changed, youve opened my eyes.

jung was an important mind. that being said, i stand by robert anton wilsons advice - never swallow too much of anyones bullshit, and never belive too much of your own

Edited by Z_B_Z

oh shit, my mind has been changed, youve opened my eyes.

jung was an important mind. that being said, i stand by robert anton wilsons advice - never swallow too much of anyones bullshit, and never belive too much of your own

liking the edit. jung has his place, but he fucking lost it.

Guest Franklin

Zen and the Brain by James H. Austin

fucking HUGE text... i will posting that i'm still reading this next year

I just finished Moment of Freedom by Jens Bjørneboe, it was... interesting and really quite good.

just read "wetlands" by charlotte roche. enjoyed it very much. got ghastly looks from a friend sitting near as i described the passages making me laugh. not terribly profound, but a pretty fun book nonetheless.