IGNORED

Japanese Bonus Track - Quaristice

awepittance

Care for the artists, support them by buying their music.

i guess its the principal that matters, i just cant see feasibly autechre losing a cent on posting a Japanese only track from their album.

I mean you let people post up the Wire's radio links to 3 full tracks from Quaristice, you didn't take issue with that even though Autechre themselves asked the Wire to take them down, but they still circulated on this forum for weeks.

Sure they will lose money... you don't think Japanese people read this forum? The fact the pirated files originated from Japan should prove my point - if they can't get people to buy their music in Asia, then they'll stop trying to entice them to buy the domestic (Japan) copy versus the import with extra tracks... I'm not saying buy the album twice, but if you want all the tracks, then buy the Japan release if you want them all that bad.

RE: The Wire - they were low quality (~40kzh) samples, and AE didn't ask me to remove them...

RE: The Wire - they were low quality (~40kzh) samples, and AE didn't ask me to remove them...

um yes they did, AE asked the wire magazine to remove them and they subsequently did.

if you dont believe me i can prove it to you. (its contained in the unedited reverb mag interview).

AE didn't mind them being played on the Radio but got pissed when The Wire magazine hosted 3 of the tracks on their 'on the wire' radio page.

i can understand the argument of low quality vs full quality. but honestly what japanese person isnt going to buy an entire album just because they were given one full track? Are you saying once a japanse fan has gotten this track its easier for them to import the CD from the UK?

Guest nene multiple assgasms
Care for the artists, support them by buying their music.

yeah, let's all order the japanese import asap.

the idea of selling an album with a single extra track for double price is ridiculous, musicians are sitting too far in front of the salt these days. these bonus_tracks_for_other_buyers_only is what makes me bootleg the album in the first place.

It has nothing to do with artists milking it. It's cheaper to import in Japan than to buy non-imports. The bonus tracks are all that they can do to get people to buy the domestic copies instead.

MoreYouKnow.jpg

It has nothing to do with artists milking it. It's cheaper to import in Japan than to buy non-imports. The bonus tracks are all that they can do to get people to buy the domestic copies instead.

MoreYouKnow.jpg

thats news to me, i honestly wasnt aware of this.

artist :

title : Quaristice

catalog no. : BRC-333

price : 2,500yen

release date : 2008.2.27

日本盤CD

*日本盤ボーナストラック1曲追加収録

*初回プレス分、封入特典あり

エレクトロニック・デュオ、オウテカが新しいアルバムをリリースする。『Quaristice』(クアリスティス)と呼ばれるこのアルバムは、2005年の『Untilted』(アンティルテッド)以来となるロブ・ブラウンとショーン・ブースによる通算9枚目のアルバムである。

収録されている20曲は以下の通り。

01. Altibzz

02. The Plc

03. IO

04. Plyphon

05. Perlence

06. SonDEremawe

07. Simmm

08. Paralel Suns

09. Steels

10. Tankakern

11. Rale

12. Fol3

13. fwzE

14. 90101-5l-l

15. bnc Castl

16. Theswere

17. WNSN

18. chenc9

19. Notwo

20. Outh9X

21. nu-Nr6d  *日本盤ボーナストラック

(前略)

「頭のなかで完璧なトラックが鳴っているんだ。だけど、それを具体化するのはとても困難なんだ。なぜなら……」

かつてオウテカは言った。「それはつねに変化しているから」

たしかにその通り、彼らのアルバムやシングルはその軌跡なのだろう。オウテカは、いまだ変化するその自らの頭で鳴っている断片をアルバムというカタチで表現しているのだろう。僕は2001年に、『Confield』のライナーノートで、「オウテカは“慣らされてしまったことへの服従”に抵抗する」と記したけれど、もはや“抵抗”どころではない。オウテカはこの15年、あたかも自らの音楽性で自らを隔離=『Quaristice』するかのような栄誉ある孤独を選び、彼らの芸術性を完璧なまでに世間に認めさせたのだ。リスナーに評価されるのではなく、リスナーの耳をテストすると喩えられるところまでいったわけだ。(中略) ショーンは『Quaristice』というタイトルに意味はないと言うけれど、しかし多くの人は考えてしまうだろう。この音世界はダンスフロアからもサイケデリックからも、あるいは現代音楽からも“隔離”されていると。

「“現在”にいることが重要だと気付いたんだ」ショーンは言う。「聴き直したり、昔の音源を聴いてそれについて

考えたりはいっさいしない。だって20年前の自分がどんな人間だったかも覚えてないんだから!」

オウテカらしい、素晴らしい言葉じゃないか。

野田努 (Quaristice国内盤ライナーノーツより一部抜粋)

*2月末発刊のRemix誌202号ではAutechreのロングインタビューを掲載。こちらも是非、併読してみて下さい。

$25 bucks is pretty bad, at the least 5$ for an extra track, but importing in, s&h drives the price up much higher. bleep, bleep... we need you to step up here bleep.

Guest texan whip

i can't see the point joyrex is making on this personally. i myself am awaiting the special edition (which warp is now saying is slightly delayed) so i have splashed out quite a bit of money. but obviously i'm still curious to hear this bonus track (which is not on the special 2cd). i'm not about to splash out on a jap import just for one track so soul-seek it is then.

i can't see the point joyrex is making on this personally. i myself am awaiting the special edition (which warp is now saying is slightly delayed) so i have splashed out quite a bit of money. but obviously i'm still curious to hear this bonus track (which is not on the special 2cd). i'm not about to splash out on a jap import just for one track so soul-seek it is then.

The point is, just because one cannot easily get a track, does not give one the right to steal it (and worse, use the forum to enable others to steal it more easily).

Personally, I like the Japanese versions better, not only for the typically nicer packaging (and those cool obi strips and all the hira and kata in place of the english text), but the extra tracks as well.

I'd be a hypocrite if I said I've never illegally downloaded music, but the main issue here is the forum is not to be used for facilitating piracy. It's up to each of us to make that decision of whether we want to pirate music or not, and not provide any incentive for others to do it.

Guest Ephphatha
エレクトロニック・デュオ、オウテカが新しいアルバムをリリースする。(クアリスティス)と呼ばれるこのアルバムは、2005年の(アンティルテッド)以来となるロブ・ブラウンとショーン・ブースによる通算9枚目のアルバムである。

Crap, i think my glasses have fallen off - i can't understand a word of this...

am i the only one here who looks on the other popular electronic music forums when i cant find a taken down file on watmm? I just checked now and i found the file in 2 seconds on a different but very similar site

(hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint)

Guest texan whip
am i the only one here who looks on the other popular electronic music forums when i cant find a taken down file on watmm? I just checked now and i found the file in 2 seconds on a different but very similar site

(hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint)

i'm not used to navigating That Other Site™ but if that's where you mean i cannot see it easily?

Archived