IGNORED

Metropolis (1927) Soundtrack

Squee

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings
i really hope there's not going to be a amen breaks, 303's, and smokey dub beats all over this.

please!

Mine's gonna be bongos and a wailing ethnic chick - cos wailing ethnic chicks add EMOTION and AUTHENTICITY to every soundtrack.

Mine will depend on which scene I get. (duh)

If I get an action packed scene, I'll do something fast and bangin'. If I get a more mellow scene, I'll do a more mellow track.

Btw. I've watched Metropolis again, and the way you've catagorized the scenes seem to be perfect - though I don't have the same version as you do, but anyways :)

Oh, and I was just thinking that even though everyone gets to do ONE scene we should all be able to watch every single scene, because I bet there are a lot out there who haven't seen Metropolis, so they should get the change to watch it before starting on the soundtrack. I mean, making a soundtrack for a movie you haven't seen is a bit ... weird.

Guest analogue wings

I'm gonna do bongos and a wailing ethnic chick NO MATTER WHAT SCENE I GET. Seeing that first ep of Battlestar Galactica's got me all fired up...

Also, we should all share our WIP trax on here, to encourage consistency...

hey guys. im cutting up the movie now. there's going to be a timecode display that restarts for each section, which makes it more practical for soundtracking (as opposed to a timecode which displays where you are in the movie, which I started doing but then I realized that would be harder to deal with). you can get your daw to display smpte 29.97 timecode, and get your sounds to hit on exactly the right frame. so you know that something really cool happens at two minutes, 17 seconds and 22 frames, because you see it start when the timecode says +00:02:17;22, then you just get get your daw set up to show smpte 29.97, find that part, and thats where you start your ragga mc jamacian dude sample modulated by a 303 spectrally combined somehow (with computers) with the amen break covered with some TWO instances of dubdelay on. good times.

get ready.

oh and that wailing ethnic soundtrack chick popped up in the end of the mist, she gets a lot of work. she's like every tired trend in electronic music, except with even less range and even more prominence in pop culture. god, how I hate her.

hey guys. im cutting up the movie now. there's going to be a timecode display that restarts for each section, which makes it more practical for soundtracking (as opposed to a timecode which displays where you are in the movie, which I started doing but then I realized that would be harder to deal with). you can get your daw to display smpte 29.97 timecode, and get your sounds to hit on exactly the right frame. so you know that something really cool happens at two minutes, 17 seconds and 22 frames, because you see it start when the timecode says +00:02:17;22, then you just get get your daw set up to show smpte 29.97, find that part, and thats where you start your ragga mc jamacian dude sample modulated by a 303 spectrally combined somehow (with computers) with the amen break covered with some TWO instances of dubdelay on. good times.

Awesome and LOL

Guest analogue wings
oh and that wailing ethnic soundtrack chick popped up in the end of the mist, she gets a lot of work. she's like every tired trend in electronic music, except with even less range and even more prominence in pop culture. god, how I hate her.

Fuck Barack Obama, we need to get some inbred crackers to assassinate wailing ethnic chick. FOR THE GOOD OF ALL.

Guest analogue wings
put me down!

You're a failure and you'll never amount to anything. And you smell bad.

Ok, I do believe I have sent out all the PM's and scene assignments. Here is the full list. PLEASE CHECK IT TO MAKE SURE I SENT YOU THE RIGHT SCENE ASSIGNMENT. I have already noticed a few mistakes, so please double check.

Sequence 1: Kaen

Sequence 2: Adjective

Sequence 3: Ghostbusters III

Sequence 4: pcock

Sequence 5: Margaret Thatcher

Sequence 6: Jefferoo/ analogue wings

Sequence 7: Aron

Sequence 8: Jaffa/Catsonearth

Sequence 9: Taphead

Sequence 10: Mbcpete

Sequence 11: MRX

Sequence 12: Tauboo

Sequence 13: Idrn

Sequence 14: Squee

Sequence 15: zzz/THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Sequence 16: Drahken/Twentyfourange

Sequence 17: Beneboi

Sequence 18: A/D/Brian Tregaskin

Sequence 19: Rook

Sequence 20: Zephyr Nova

Sequence 21: Max

Sequence 22: Spalagawaga

Sequence 23: Glitchy

If I left you off the list or if you didn't get a PM please PM me immediately and we will figure something out.

I highly suggest that you all watch the entire movie, and keep in mind who if anyone you wish to contact to collaborate with. Some scenes would do well to have a bit of collaboration to ease the transitions, others need none at all.

For those of you that are assigned a scene with another person, both of you will submit tracks and they will be shown anonymously and we will have everyone vote on which will be included.

If you are just wandering into this thread and wish to participate, please PM me ASAP and we will attempt to work something out.

If there are any questions please do not hesitate to contact either Squee or myself.

And we should all thank Taphead for hosting the scenes on his website.

If you suspect that there is a mistake with your scene/Sequence, please let me know!

Also, what do you guys think about a deadline? I figured that for those who are still in school, exam season is coming up soon, so I was leaning towards sometime in June? Any thoughts on this? Discuss.

I suspect there's a mistake in those last two scenes, file sizes look too small, I'll check em when I get home. I'm definitely gonna have to reup the last one, it says its only like 26kb thats clearly a mistake.

yea ok good I already got a PM about those lol.

Also, there should be 23 Sequences?

Sequence 20 is the last one I downloaded, and that one was fine.

Archived