IGNORED

Metropolis (1927) Soundtrack

Squee

Also, what do you guys think about a deadline?

I'm sure that I'll have some sort of piece ready within 2 weeks, but then again I don't have a long scene. I'd say that a deadline somewhere within the may 8th-16th range should be sufficient for most of the participants.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's why I put the timecode in. Though I don't believe it has to be so extreme as to be mickey moused. you can have an electronic music track that seems driven by the actions on screen, even if those actions don't necessarily seem directly linked to the sounds themselves. there's absolutely the risk of having a sense of disparity, sure, but it can also work really, really, really well.

I'm mickey mousing my scene as much as possible tho.

oh and it turns out its the last three scenes that are in messed up. I'm reuploading them now, but my internet is being shitty. I'll work on some shit on my end, and those of you who are affected will get a pm from me when I get things sorted.

Rook, i am involved into 2 video projects at the moment, in one of them as director for a pretty complicated idea. i'm just saying... june looks fine, but currently all of my projects are determined to june (and a music release for may). just saying. june should work out though.

Guest analogue wings

2 months to score 2 minutes. I think even the people who've never scored anything before should manage that :laughing:

Ok, sign ups are now officially closed. Sorry to everyone who missed it. If it goes well, we will do another one maybe another time.

The last three scenes currently aren't working, but we will try to get them up ASAP.

As for deadlines, I haven't even begun to think about mine yet and I know I won't be able to get mine done until at least the middle of May at the very earliest since I'll be trekking back North on May 1 and I'll be out of town several times this month for Autechre and other ordeals.

So lets just say, get your track done as soon as you can and send it in, but it is no big deal if you take a little longer than everyone else. Just don't leave it until like the end of July or August or something.

Also, I don't know if you realized but some scened are longer than others. The shortest is less than three minutes, and the longest is about seven. It's just the way the film tended to be cut up.

One more thing, silent movie scores were either played live by the orchestra (if it was a big budget film in a big theatre) or improvised by an organist. So it wouldn't be unusual if it isn't like Psycho or something. I am just going to try and sync my track with the video naturally, just sight and sound. No special syncs.

And if anyone uses Renoise, Adjective sent me a way to sync video with Renoise. So if anyone is interested, just let me know.

One more thing, any fade outs or moments of silence you wish to include have to be included in your track and worked out with the participants around you. Some scenes would benefit from some silence at the end of the track and maybe even in other places.

About the rules...

I suppose people are given free rein in this matter.

I would like to say, though, that if you don't think that you'll be able to finish anything before the upcoming deadline, then please inform either Rook or me about so we can give the scene to someone else.

Nope - not yet.

The thing is exams are right around the corner and I'm not done with my exams until somewhere in the end of May, and I bet there are even exams as far as until june.

I started a little bit. (a very fast 12 tone line). But I definitely won't finish until at least a few weeks into May considering how much I have to do from now until May 1st.

Archived