IGNORED

autechre sampling super mario world?

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Guest nene multiple assgasms

is that springy sound at 1:19 in perlence from super mario world? the first time I heard it I had a flashback to my snes days.

is that springy sound at 1:19 in perlence from super mario world? the first time I heard it I had a flashback to my snes days.

it sounds kind of similar but i think its just a similar manipulation/effect technique being used

the snes did a lot of frequency modulation on actual Pcm data/samples, almost none of the music or sound was from pure synthesis

sounds to me in Perlence around 1:19 and again at 2:38 they are using an LFO sinewave or triangle wave to modulate the pitch/speed of a sample possibly of a human voice. This can be easily done on any program that lets you do manual routing of LFos to different attributes of a sampler. I wouldn't be surprised if in Marioworld the jump pad bouncy sound was also generated the same way on the snes.

haha when you mentioned mario sound i instantly thought Plyphon at about 1:14 when the coin block noise comes in, i picutred mario hitting a block for coins many many times in rapid succession... maybe when you kick a shell in between 2 blocks that are only one space apart.

Archived